+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Council 13th October 2016 IELTS Results Delayed

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
I had given the IELTS exam through British Council on 13th October 2016. My test result date was today, but today I got a mail informing that (I quote) as part of quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates. Unfortunately it was not possible to include all the results from this centre in the analysis for this test session. These results will be analysed shortly.

I had to file for my visa ASAP for Jan17 intake. I heard that once the results get delayed, it might take months for it to get published. Is it true? Has someone else in this forum given the exam on 13th Oct ? Or someone with a similar experience? What to do ? If this takes long I might lose my chance of filing visa for Jan 17

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
The actual mail:

We refer to your IELTS test.
As part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, test results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

Unfortunately it was not possible to include all the results from this centre in the analysis for this test session. These results will be analysed shortly.

Please note that it is specified in the declaration signed by candidates on the application form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.

Please accept our apologies for this delay.

Please advise. IDP IELTS on 3rd Nov 2016 is available. Should I take that? Will this be ideal?

Sep 11, 2016
happened with me too. i took exam on 14th july and my result came on 18th august (took more than a month). its pretty normal no need to worry

kanu917

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
18-07-2016
Bro! Just wish that your result is not delayed much i am too a victim of this mess. My result was delayed for 20 days after 13 days of waiting and cost me admit to a university. Also, my close friend result came out after 48 days of the test that so u can imagine how much sucks.

I will advise you to never give ielts by british council they are not professional with results .

Rest assure u will have atleast 7 bands overall because only then the result is delayed. I m 100% sure about this

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the replies guys!

I am worrying because the delay might cost my visa filing.

My result was delayed for 20 days after 13 days of waiting and cost me admit to a university. Also, my close friend result came out after 48 days of the test that so u can imagine how much sucks.
Sorry to hear that bro!

I called up British Council and they said I will get an update on 4th Nov. But I heard they tend to stretch it pretty long. I am thinking of giving the IELTS again on 3rd Nov through IDP. It will barely leave me with time, but still, there is some hope.

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro happened with me too .... it was thru IDP so its random....
Have to wait at least a month now minimum .... mostly the reasons are difference in bands of more than 1 or 1.5 it goes for checking...
British Council will keep giving u dates of every Friday for 3 weeks and mostly 4th fri u will get it...

But yes your results would be good i presume....

So a month for sure.... All the best Bro!!!!!

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Praise the Lord!

I got my results today!
L-8
R-9
W-6
S-7.5

Yes, I know, I have really (really really) bad hand writing which made me pay for my writing score.

Thank you guys for responding!
I was afraid it might take a month! But had prayed a lot for the results to come out as soon as possible and it did! And I am so very grateful!