+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Columbia PNP - Chef - Would love some help.

maryb

Dec 7, 2010
Hi,

I am an australian national. I have been working in BC as a chef on an australian working holiday visa and have been offered a permanent position. My employer has decided to sponsor me to stay, and we have completed a BC PNP application which was submitted a month ago.

My current work visa is up in the next six days. My employer has assured me that as we have applied for the PNP, I don't need to apply for a temporary work permit. I'd love to know is this the case?

Very much looking forward to hearing any advice? Thanks.

Mary

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Unfortunately, your employer is wrong. Unless you can get your nomination and send in a WP application within 6 days, your timeline is extremely tight.
Perhaps you may want to send in an "incomplete" WP application within the next 6 days with the hope that your nomination comes before they make a decision. That way, you are under an implied status. On the other hand, you can apply for an LMO as well, whichever one comes first to back up your WP application. You want to avoid going out of status. If you go out of status, you may have to go through the restoration process which is an extra cost and there's no guarantee you'd be restored.

P.S. I just saw that you are an Australian citizen. Another way out is to take a vacation and come back into Canada since you do not need a TRV. You'd likely be granted a 6mths stay. Within 6mths, you should be able to get your nomination which you can use to get a WP. Goodluck.
maryb said:
Hi,

I am an australian national. I have been working in BC as a chef on an australian working holiday visa and have been offered a permanent position. My employer has decided to sponsor me to stay, and we have completed a BC PNP application which was submitted a month ago.

My current work visa is up in the next six days. My employer has assured me that as we have applied for the PNP, I don't need to apply for a temporary work permit. I'd love to know is this the case?

Very much looking forward to hearing any advice? Thanks.

Mary