+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRITISH COLUMBIA ENTRY- LEVEL/SEMI SKILL STREAM

reneg

Jan 13, 2021
hi guys I see that certain NOCS were excluded from BC entry-level and semi skill level again IN THE LATEST DRAW including NOCS 6731 AND 6525. WILL THEY BE INCLUDED AGAIN?

GZgooner

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
it is hard to tell, it has been excluded for awhile since covid started. Those positions are mainly in food and beverage, hospitality and tourism sector, and these sectors are hit by covid really hard, imo i dont think it would be resumed anytime soon, it would when covid is start to settle down.

reneg

Jan 13, 2021
so do you think it is wise for me to work and get my experience in the meantime so when it resumes I can always apply for my PR? Also, can NOC 0 A AND B JOBS BE INCLUDED UNDER THIS CATEGORY BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND IT TO MEAN ENTRY LEVEL OR SEMI SKILLED JOBS WHICH ARE C or D jobs. I AM CONFUSED SINCE THEY BASE POINTS ON SKILL LEVEL TYPE O, A B, C, D?

GZgooner

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
so do you think it is wise for me to work and get my experience in the meantime so when it resumes I can always apply for my PR? Also, can NOC 0 A AND B JOBS BE INCLUDED UNDER THIS CATEGORY BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND IT TO MEAN ENTRY LEVEL OR SEMI SKILLED JOBS WHICH ARE C or D jobs. I AM CONFUSED SINCE THEY BASE POINTS ON SKILL LEVEL TYPE O, A B, C, D?
as far as i know semiskill stream are mainly for noc C or D positions, you can refer to BC provincial website to see an accurate answer. if you can get O,A,B jobs thats way better, none of thoes jobs are being excluded. imo if you have other choice then go for it, cuz you never know when it would be included again, but also it depends on the length of your work permit to see if it is wise to wait.