+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing our baby to canada on TRV. please guide.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Hello friends.

Me and my wife applied for PR in may 2015, obtained the PR in feb 2016. We did short landing in april 2016 for 10 days.

Wife got pregnant in may 2016 and for personal reasons, we had to deliver the baby in India.

Now, we are planning to move to Canada. But there is no PR for our baby. Baby is 8 months old now.

Is it recommendable that we take him on Temporary visitor visa and apply for his PR from there.

Has anyone been through same situation.
Kindly guide.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello friends.

Me and my wife applied for PR in may 2015, obtained the PR in feb 2016. We did short landing in april 2016 for 10 days.

Wife got pregnant in may 2016 and for personal reasons, we had to deliver the baby in India.

Now, we are planning to move to Canada. But there is no PR for our baby. Baby is 8 months old now.

Is it recommendable that we take him on Temporary visitor visa and apply for his PR from there.

Kindly guide.
Hi

You can apply for a TRV but it may be refused. You can then try for a TRP, which may also be refused.

If a TRV or TRP is approved, you can come to Canada with your child as a visitor and apply for sponsorship. If refused, one of you will need to travel to Canada to apply and reside here throughout the sponsorship process.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hello friends.

Kindly guide.
I was in a similar condition, (though we landed much earlier).
And when we had return to Canada, I came first and started my job here. Got my pay slips, and then applied for my Kid's visitor visa. Put a good covering letter mentioning my intention to stay here and to sponsor him and to live together.

Application was processed and the Visa was given in a week (My company's agent in India applied to Bangalore CIC, on behalf of me).
But I know, other applicant who applied from India itself (showing his offer letter in Canada and a similar cover letter). You can check those in the Visitor Visa section (Parent PR and child not...)...

I wish you all the best.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
I was in a similar condition, (though we landed much earlier).
And when we had return to Canada, I came first and started my job here. Got my pay slips, and then applied for my Kid's visitor visa. Put a good covering letter mentioning my intention to stay here and to sponsor him and to live together.

Application was processed and the Visa was given in a week (My company's agent in India applied to Bangalore CIC, on behalf of me).
But I know, other applicant who applied from India itself (showing his offer letter in Canada and a similar cover letter). You can check those in the Visitor Visa section (Parent PR and child not...)...

I wish you all the best.
Hi, Thanks for sharing. May I ask you in which year had you applied and other details. Can you share the link of the topic you mentioned about or share the numbers of yourself and your friend. will appreciate.

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012