+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing baby born with surrogate mother from India to Canada

wantspr

Dec 10, 2018
Hi I am a permanent resident living in Toronto past 3 months. I have received my PR card. My husband will be coming in July 2019 and be too will receive his PR card max by October.

We r planning to have a baby through surrogacy in India. My husband will be genetically related to the child. And egg will be used by an anonymous doner. A known surrogate will give birth to our baby.

Has anyone been through this process. As I read few articles where I found that it's very difficult to bring the baby born outside of Canada inside the country. And it takes 6-8 months for the entire process to bring the baby in canada. And 1 of the parent will have to stay in India, obviously with the baby and the other will have to come to Canada to process the sponsorship.

How true is this. We r investing a lot of money in this and we want to bring our baby to Canada soon when born. And non of us can afford to leave job and live in India for 6-8 months.

What is the solution to this. Please suggest. Thanks in advance

Reactions: contactskc

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am a permanent resident living in Toronto past 3 months. I have received my PR card. My husband will be coming in July 2019 and be too will receive his PR card max by October.

We r planning to have a baby through surrogacy in India. My husband will be genetically related to the child. And egg will be used by an anonymous doner. A known surrogate will give birth to our baby.

Has anyone been through this process. As I read few articles where I found that it's very difficult to bring the baby born outside of Canada inside the country. And it takes 6-8 months for the entire process to bring the baby in canada. And 1 of the parent will have to stay in India, obviously with the baby and the other will have to come to Canada to process the sponsorship.

How true is this. We r investing a lot of money in this and we want to bring our baby to Canada soon when born. And non of us can afford to leave job and live in India for 6-8 months.

The short answer is that there's nothing you can do to guarantee you will be able to bring your baby to Canada as soon as it is born.

You can apply for a TRV for the baby once he/she is born. It may be approved or it may be refused. If the TRV is refused, you can try for a TRP. If the TRP is also refused, then one or both of the parents will need to return to Canada and apply to sponsor the baby for PR. This process will take around 6-8 months during which time the baby will need to remain in India either with one of the parents or with someone else.

Reactions: canuck_in_uk

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should also be checking with a surrogacy lawyer about whether your husband will need to sponsor the child since you are using an egg donor. A DNA test maybe required. International surrogacy for PRs is quite a rare scenario you should be consulting some experts.

contactskc

Dec 30, 2019
Hey, we have the same situation as yours to find the possibility of bringing surrogate kid from india and would like to know if you can help us. Any response will be highly appreciated. You may contact me at contactsumitkchauhan@gmail.com as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, we have the same situation as yours to find the possibility of bringing surrogate kid from india and would like to know if you can help us. Any response will be highly appreciated. You may contact me at contactsumitkchauhan@gmail.com as well.
You should be talking to a surrogacy lawyer in Canada since every case is different. Would also warn against doing surrogacy in India because commercial surrogacy is potentially going to be ended in 2020.

upender singh

Jun 7, 2022
Hi I am a permanent resident living in Toronto past 4 years . we blessed with baby boy through Surrogacy (Self egg and sperm). we both r in India and want to bring the baby from India to Canada. we already apply TRV but we didn't received any response. its already more then 45 days.

Has anyone been through this process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I am a permanent resident living in Toronto past 4 years . we blessed with baby boy through Surrogacy (Self egg and sperm). we both r in India and want to bring the baby from India to Canada. we already apply TRV but we didn't received any response. its already more then 45 days.

Has anyone been through this process.

Congratulations on the baby.

You will need to wait for the TRV to be processed. Unfortunately processing times are longer right now and it's normal that you haven't heard anything back yet.

upender singh

Jun 7, 2022
Congratulations on the baby.

You will need to wait for the TRV to be processed. Unfortunately processing times are longer right now and it's normal that you haven't heard anything back yet.
Thank you so much for your reply. any idea how long it takes time to get Trv

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply. any idea how long it takes time to get Trv
It's hard to guess. It's possible it could take four months but hopefully it will be faster in your case.

upender singh

Jun 7, 2022

can you plz share your experience .

Please suggest. Thanks in advance

richardojel

Aug 30, 2022

can you plz share your experience .

Please suggest. Thanks in advance
Any update on this and why not a TRP ?