+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring 9 month old baby to Canada, long flight & first few days tips.

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
Hi guys,

Anyone of you ever landed in with a newborn baby?
I'm planning to bring my baby to Canada this June, he will be 9 month old by that time.
I'm worrying if he can be ok with a long flight, how to keep him quiet for other passengers.. and for first few days, what should I do too.

Please share me any experience you had,
Thanks in advanced.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm planning to bring my baby to Canada this June, he will be 9 month old by that time.
I'm worrying if he can be ok with a long flight, how to keep him quiet for other passengers.. and for first few days, what should I do too.

Thanks in advanced.
What is the baby’s status and where you permanently settling?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Thanks in advanced.
I often heard babies cries during my transpacific flight. There's really nothing parents can do except trying distract it from crying and try to keep it sleeping. Don't worry too much and most passengers like me can tolerate.

Reactions: hajihd

R12345

Apr 3, 2023
Hello? I have taken regular flights with my son when he was under 1 years old. don’t worry about other people, he’s a baby and it’s not his fault if he cries , it’s completely normal and other passengers will know this, you will get some people who might have problem but who cares, they don’t own the plane! I’ve been on flights where other babies cried non stop.

take lots of snacks and drinksfor your baby, take a new toy he will like and only give on plane. Make sure he’s well fed beofre and had a nap in flight if he can. Take things that will
Make comfy, I took my sons sleeping bag for the flight and he was happy and felt comfy

neelkumar

Mar 24, 2023
How do you make the baby comfortable for the entire flight? Do you book a seperate seat for them? On what do they sleep?

R12345

Apr 3, 2023
How do you make the baby comfortable for the entire flight? Do you book a seperate seat for them? On what do they sleep?
You can book a separate seat and just create a space for them to sleep with blanket and pillows or you can use a children car seat, or a bassinet if they are small enough

Reactions: neelkumar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Book the seat with the bassinet in front of it. There are limited number of these seats so try to reserve the seat as soon as it becomes possible to reserve a seat. You don’t have to book a ticket for a child under 2 but on a full flight and in economy that means very tight quarters and that you will end up having to hold your baby while sitting in your seat for most of the flight. Having a bassinet allows the baby to sleep and have their own space and allows you to have your own space. There also tends to be more room in the first row of seats after a wall. Pack a change
If clothes for both you and your baby. Pack more clothes if your baby is a puker. Some babies are not great flyers and the can’t have their normal routine so that can lead to meltdowns and being overtired. As a parent dress in layers. It can get really hot if your’re stressed about your child if they keep screaming and if they are essentially lying in your for hours you can get pretty hot depending on your baby and the temperature in the airplane. Be prepared to feed your baby on take off and landing to help their ears. Bottle or breastfeeding is best versus food at that age. Bring their usual comfort item but make sure you don’t leave it behind. I would recommend arriving at the airport with your child in pyjamas with some shoes on to limit the amount of clothing you need to bring and for comfort. Babies are babies. You may get some dirty lucks but you can’t control how your baby reacts on the plane although you can prevent things like kicking seats, not letting your child run up and down the aisles for hours, not bringing toys with loud sounds, etc.

Reactions: neelkumar