+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Work Permit or ICT - Pros/Cons

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
All - my ICT work permit is about to expire in couple of months. Now I have two options whether to apply for BOWP (my PR application is progress with AOR as December 20) or go for the existing work permit extension. However, I am unable to take a decision due to lack of all the information with regards to pros /cons on both the options. Like:

1) Will I be able to travel outside Canada on BOWP?
2) If my PR application get denied and I am on BOWP at that time, do I have to leave Canada? I heard that BOWP validity is tied up to the PR application
3) Processing of BOWP is faster then work permit extension? etc.

What option you would recommend this case?

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
As far as I know, Here are the details.

1) Will I be able to travel outside Canada on BOWP?
Yes, If your passport is stamped with an extension of visa. Otherwise, you can't come back to Canada. You need the stamping in your visiting country to come back to canada.

2) If my PR application get denied and I am on BOWP at that time, do I have to leave Canada? I heard that BOWP validity is tied up to the PR application

If the PR gets denied, so is BOWP. but the applicant has some time to leave the country.

3) Processing of BOWP is faster than work permit extension? etc.

Both are the same.

In my view, if your PR application passed eligibility and criminality, you can go for BOWP which means that rejection of PR is very rare after those steps. If your PR application is still in progress in terms of eligibility and criminality, then better to go with ICT work permit extension.

Reactions: darknightcoder