+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Work Permit application- 2 days to expire

fraterj

Jun 14, 2019
My work permit expires in 2 days and I am having problems with the bridging open permit application. After answering all the questions it says I need a LMIA before I can apply.

I answered yes for the questions that asked if my current status is a worker and if I have a job offer. I find it strange that the system says I need the LMIA to proceed.

Things to note:
- I have an invitation for permanent residence and have submitted all my documents.
- I submitted an application previously for a bridging open work permit but then my pr application was refused, however the bridging open work permit is still in process. i know it will be declined as that application was refused. I submitted a message on the IRCC web form explaining the situation and to use my new PR application confirmation letter to accompany my old application since they haven't started working on it yet.

Did anyone have this problem? Please help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My work permit expires in 2 days and I am having problems with the bridging open permit application. After answering all the questions it says I need a LMIA before I can apply.

I answered yes for the questions that asked if my current status is a worker and if I have a job offer. I find it strange that the system says I need the LMIA to proceed.

Things to note:
- I have an invitation for permanent residence and have submitted all my documents.
- I submitted an application previously for a bridging open work permit but then my pr application was refused, however the bridging open work permit is still in process. i know it will be declined as that application was refused. I submitted a message on the IRCC web form explaining the situation and to use my new PR application confirmation letter to accompany my old application since they haven't started working on it yet.

Did anyone have this problem? Please help
Answer No to the job offer. You are applying for an Open Work Permit.

fraterj

Jun 14, 2019
I put no and it only gave the option for a temporary resident visa rather than both work permit and temporary resident visa.

polo563

Jul 14, 2019
You have to have your AOR for your permanent application or your file no. for your PR application.
Then you have to select YES on the option where it says:
Have you been told by IRCC that you have been approved in the eligibility for your permanent residence application...something like that and then say YES on Job letter too.....
then at the end, you will have an option to apply for Ope

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You have to have your AOR for your permanent application or your file no. for your PR application.
Then you have to select YES on the option where it says:
Have you been told by IRCC that you have been approved in the eligibility for your permanent residence application...something like that and then say YES on Job letter too.....
then at the end, you will have an option to apply for Ope

Job offer, employer - doesn´t matter how you answer those to the BOWP, you just have to answer Yes to "approved in principle" on the PR application

However, the OP, @fraterj, is no longer eligible for a BOWP, as s/he does not have a valid work permit.

shannonxtreme

Aug 25, 2018
Markham, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Markham
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-06-2019
AOR Received.
22-06-2019
Med's Done....
30-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2020
LANDED..........
13-03-2020
Job offer, employer - doesn´t matter how you answer those to the BOWP, you just have to answer Yes to "approved in principle" on the PR application

However, the OP, @fraterj, is no longer eligible for a BOWP, as s/he does not have a valid work permit.
I wonder why they made the process to apply online so obscure. Like, I understand the need for an eligibility questionnaire, but I also think that they could afford to make the applications themselves more accessible, or the questions more straightforward.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

The answer to the job offer question in the online tool actually does change the result. Answering Yes gives an LMIA requirement, while No gives OWP.

Reactions: jes_ON