Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
A lot of applicants are talking and worried about BOWP (including me).
I just called CIC and spent good 45-50 minutes explaining my situation. Agent was not having accurate answers to my question so he transferred me to his supervisor.

My question was

I submitted my application under CEC in express entry on Feb 03 2016. My current open work permit is going to expire on Feb 12 2016. So, may I apply for BOWP using the first AOR that was sent to me right after submitting the file.

Answer: Yes, you only need the AOR that you received after submitting your application and do NOT wait for 2nd AOR. These changes were made recently.
Once you submit your application for BOWP and your PR application is deemed complete then CIC will start processing the BOWP application too. In case, the PR application is deemed incomplete then the BOWP application is also refused.

Note:

I've seen links on this forum saying that applicant has to wait for 2nd AOR ie R10 check.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/search-recherche/index-eng.aspx?search=hc&query=Bridging+work+permit&s=0&l=e
Open 1st option "Bridging open work permits"

Agent said that these changes were made recently
Now if you open both links and scroll down and look for "Date Modified" you will notice that the 2nd link was modified recently ie 2015-12-15.

Also the second link clearly states

"If you applied for permanent residence online through Express Entry, this letter is automatically sent to your MyCIC account when we get your application."

Hope this helps others too.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi manidhatt, thanks for your posting. I just submitted and received AOR today. I am also interested to see what the truth is in this scenario.

My WP expires on 26 June 2016.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
JoacRy said:
Hi manidhatt, thanks for your posting. I just submitted and received AOR today. I am also interested to see what the truth is in this scenario.

My WP expires on 26 June 2016.
I'll be applying my BOWP tonight. I hope it goes well. The call centre agent actually confirmed with his Manager too and he advised me not to get confused and apply online before I lose my status. He also did said that both the pages look really same but the second link I posted is the recently modified page and that these changes were made recently. Also 2nd AOR is not an assurance too.

My cousins status stayed Eligibility review in progress and after waiting almost 4 months he received PPR and even after receiving PPR email his status was still showing Eligibily review in progress.

There are some faults in CIC accounts too

Reactions: Adanac11

Zanna

May 7, 2016
Hello,

I applied for PR under the provincial nominee program (paper based). I got an AOR email stating that CIC has received my application however there is no indication that they have determined it to be complete under Regulation 10.

Am I eligible to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit using this AOR or should I wait for another email/explore other options? Will another email be sent for people who applied under paper based provincial nominee class?

I have called CIC several times but I keep getting different answers.

JoacRy and Manidhatt, please share your experiences. My WP expires in about a month.

Thank you

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Zanna said:
Hello,

I applied for PR under the provincial nominee program (paper based). I got an AOR email stating that CIC has received my application however there is no indication that they have determined it to be complete under Regulation 10.

Am I eligible to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit using this AOR or should I wait for another email/explore other options? Will another email be sent for people who applied under paper based provincial nominee class?

I have called CIC several times but I keep getting different answers.

JoacRy and Manidhatt, please share your experiences. My WP expires in about a month.

Thank you
Hi - Go head and apply for BOWP before your current WP/VISA expires. CIC will not be sending any other document or email. The AOR you have received after you have applied for PR via Express Entry should be enough to apply for BOWP.

Good luck

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
So because this topic has been bumped.

I received my BOWP last month and I used the AOR to apply.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:

Thanks for sharing, there was nothing to worry about! What was your BOWP timeline?

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
GARJ said:
Thanks for sharing, there was nothing to worry about! What was your BOWP timeline?

Applied on Feb 08 and was approved around 1st week of April.

I have seen some people lately with getting it approved a week or so.

Reactions: Adanac11

Zanna

May 7, 2016
nrc 1978,

Thanks for your response. However, I am not an Express Entry applicant. I am a paper based PNP applicant. Therefore as a paper based PNP applicant, can I apply for a BOWP with my AOR that only says that CIC has received my application given that there is no information saying that they have determined that it is complete as per Regulation 10 on the email?

Is there anyone who is a PNP paper based applicant who has successfully been issued a BOWP and they applied using only the AOR email that says their application has been received? Again, I emphasize that my email did not say that CIC has determined my application to be complete and I am not an Express Entry applicant.

Someone I know got an AOR email saying that CIC has received their application and determined it to be complete. But my email only says that CIC has received my application.

Please share your experiences.

Thank you

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
manidhatt said:

hi, did you use the the 1st AOR in applying BOWP? Im in Express entry and got e-APR automatically when I submitted my application and pay the processing fee. My WP will expired on this coming December.
Please need some advice... Thanks

senthilck

Sep 8, 2016
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this topic.

I am Senthil, a work Permit Holder, in the same situation as Zanna [actually even behind], I sent my PR application by mail which is a PNP Class application.

It has been more than three months, the CIC has debited money from my credit card. However, I did not receive any communication from CIC, not even file number.

My Work permit is expiring soon [Feb 2017],and when I tried the online CIC eligibility check for Work permit extention, it says that, I need a letter of support for Work Permit from the province that nominated me. [Which OINP will not give me, just confirmed] in addition to other handy documents.

How else do I apply for my Work permit extention ?

I could not see any traces of Bridging Open work permit questions, when I tried questionnaire online.

I am Confused ! !

your help is appreciated.

-Senthil

TomasX90

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
senthilck said:
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this topic.

I am Senthil, a work Permit Holder, in the same situation as Zanna [actually even behind], I sent my PR application by mail which is a PNP Class application.

It has been more than three months, the CIC has debited money from my credit card. However, I did not receive any communication from CIC, not even file number.

My Work permit is expiring soon [Feb 2017],and when I tried the online CIC eligibility check for Work permit extention, it says that, I need a letter of support for Work Permit from the province that nominated me. [Which OINP will not give me, just confirmed] in addition to other handy documents.

How else do I apply for my Work permit extention ?

I could not see any traces of Bridging Open work permit questions, when I tried questionnaire online.

I am Confused ! !

your help is appreciated.

-Senthil
BOWP is basically an open work permit. Choose Temporarily - more than 6 months in the questionnaire - etc. you should be able to get a BOWP application package. However, don't forget it's just a type of a OWP.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
I hope this will help everyone who are looking to apply BOWP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

wrandelva

Oct 2, 2018

Hi, i don't know if you'll see my questions but I'm having similar issue. I'm just wondering what did you do while you were waiting for approval of the BOWP? Did you stay in Canada? Were you holding a valid visa and SIN and photo id?

Thank you and wish you all the best.

doylia

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Hello everyone,

My current open work permit is expiring in 15 days from now. I have bc pnp support letter and nomination certificate. I went to the border and they said that employer needs to pay compliance fee of $230. When I get that receipt they will issue me a closed work permit on border. My questions are :

Can I apply for extension of my current open work permit with just a copy of my Aor and pnp support letter online?

Am I even eligible for an open work permit extension or it is just that I can get closed work permit now? My pnp letter says no restrictions on employment.

Also if I apply online for a closed or open work permit extension, will I still have to attach compliance fee receipt ?

Please advise. Thank you