+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging of Open Work Permit - Waiting on PR

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Hi there,

I applied for my PR on October 10th, 2018. Passed medicals November 7th, 2018. I haven't received any updates since. Ordered AITP June 26th, 2019.

My Post Grad work permit is set to expire on July 24th, 2019. I applied to bridge my work permit on May 13th, 2019 - mailed this in. I haven't received any updates on the work permit as yet. Does anyone have a timeline of how long BOWP takes? Should I be contacting someone at immigration to speak with them?

If anyone could shed some light on this matter I would be grateful!

Marty794

May 15, 2013
Hi there,

I applied for my PR on October 10th, 2018. Passed medicals November 7th, 2018. I haven't received any updates since. Ordered AITP June 26th, 2019.

My Post Grad work permit is set to expire on July 24th, 2019. I applied to bridge my work permit on May 13th, 2019 - mailed this in. I haven't received any updates on the work permit as yet. Does anyone have a timeline of how long BOWP takes? Should I be contacting someone at immigration to speak with them?

If anyone could shed some light on this matter I would be grateful!
It usually takes about 3months to process. Once your current permit expires you will be on implied status and you can carry on working if you don't get you bowp before then.

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
@Marty794 i understand that however, I have no proof to show my employer that it is submitted for them to allow me to continue to work under implied status. Is there a letter I can request from IMmigration?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
@Marty794 i understand that however, I have no proof to show my employer that it is submitted for them to allow me to continue to work under implied status. Is there a letter I can request from IMmigration?
No IRCC doesn't provide proof of implied status.
The best you can do is show your employer payment receipt or copy of the application you submitted and explain to them what implied status is.

Marty794

May 15, 2013
Ues you can submit
No IRCC doesn't provide proof of implied status.
The best you can do is show your employer payment receipt or copy of the application you submitted and explain to them what implied status is.
yes that is correct. I also submitted the receipt letter after applying for BOWP to EI when they called to verify my status and that was good enough for them. When I received my permit I emailed a scanned copy of the permit when it arrived.