+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge work permit

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi All, I just want to know what is processing time of bridge open work permit right now, I applied on 22nd June

sonu thind

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
I applied on April 28 no update since but it should start processing faster or get approved rather soon due to no biometrics required for BOWP now

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I had applied bowp on June 4, it was approved on 30 July
I guess he should have his Biometrics given already though they exempted the BIL for temp visas i see no change in processing i havent heard anyone saying BOWP approved who got BIL req...myself applied May 22nd and no updates since then everytime i call or raise webform saying we are processing your application will let you know once we need anytging...yada yada yada..same reply everytime...im assuming the PR processing finishes faster and when we recieve PR we cant claim for BOWP fee return even if we cancel application as they already started process and sent BIL to me..

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I guess he should have his Biometrics given already though they exempted the BIL for temp visas i see no change in processing i havent heard anyone saying BOWP approved who got BIL req...myself applied May 22nd and no updates since then everytime i call or raise webform saying we are processing your application will let you know once we need anytging...yada yada yada..same reply everytime...im assuming the PR processing finishes faster and when we recieve PR we cant claim for BOWP fee return even if we cancel application as they already started process and sent BIL to me..
I was asked for biometric
They approved the application without biometric

Reactions: Abarnes and danlb34

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
even for pr we need biometrics in canada
Yup but for PR they are processing everytging and just holding back for sibmission of fingerprints once submitted they will approve PR whereas BOWP the process itself has no progress even they have the choice of exempting Biometrics