+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Work Permit application after getting ITA

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
Hi everyone,

I recently got my ITA :D :D :D (wish you guys all the best). Now my work permit is expiring in February (2 months) and that's how I'm staying in Canada. I looked in CIC website and it says I need to have " a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter." What is that ? is it the letter I got when I got my ITA?

I need to apply right away as there's not much time so I would appreciate any comment, thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sepehragapeh said:
Hi everyone,

I recently got my ITA :D :D :D (wish you guys all the best). Now my work permit is expiring in February (2 months) and that's how I'm staying in Canada. I looked in CIC website and it says I need to have " a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter." What is that ? is it the letter I got when I got my ITA?

I need to apply right away as there's not much time so I would appreciate any comment, thanks.
That's what you receive once you submit your eAPR

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
So that means I cannot apply until I submit my immigration application? any idea how long it takes to get that when I submit my application?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sepehragapeh said:
So that means I cannot apply until I submit my immigration application? any idea how long it takes to get that when I submit my application?
Correct, you need to submit your application first.

You should get the AOR immediately after submitting your application but lately it took some time for people to receive it, so take that into account.

Sepehragapeh

Feb 4, 2015
Thanks for the prompt reply. as long as I can stay in Canada I don't care if I wouldn't be able to work for awhile so I'm hoping implied status would at least give me that, but hopefully things go through smoothly.