+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Open Work Permit

iamgod

Jul 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

My PR profile submitted 2 weeks back, current visa expires on 20th August, my application to Extend the current work permit is also in progress, meanwhile I wanted to submit my Bridge Open Work Permit to qualify to work at any place. My query : is it ok to apply for PR , Work Permit Extension and BOWP all at the same time, will CIC get confused by seeing three application under my name?

Please respond, thanks in advance.
John

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Friends,

My PR profile submitted 2 weeks back, current visa expires on 20th August,
visa or work permit? I will assume you mean your work permit expires on 20 August.

my application to Extend the current work permit is also in progress,
OK, so what is the basis of your eligibility to extend? Did you get an LMIA? LMIA-exempt job offer?

meanwhile I wanted to submit my Bridge Open Work Permit to qualify to work at any place. My query : is it ok to apply for PR , Work Permit Extension and BOWP all at the same time, will CIC get confused by seeing three application under my name?

Work permits (temporary residence) are separate from applications for permanent residence. But if you are only at the profile stage, you have not yet submitted a PR application, and are not yet eligible for the BOWP. You have to receive an ITA and submit your complete eAPR before you can submit a BOWP application. So, perhaps you can wait until mid-August.

If you have 2 valid applications for work permits in process, usually the BOWP gets cancelled, esp. if one is LMIA supported - the restricted work permit will be processed and the BOWP cancelled.

If you submit your eAPR, and are uncertain about whether your first WP will be approved, you CAN submit the BOWP application BEFORE your current permit expires on Aug 20. In that scenario, if the first WP is refused, the BOWP will then be considered.

If your first WP application is approved, you will have to wait until you are within 4 months of the expiry date to apply for the BOWP.