+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Open Work Permit Apply with Spouse (dependent)

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi All,

I need your suggestion/advise on my below concern. It would be great if you can review my concern and give your feedback.

Currently, I am on dependent open work permit visa and my wife is on a student visa. My wife is studying in a private college which will be going to finish in next month and last month we came to know that she can not apply for her PGWP because in Ontario, private colleges are not CIC authorized. Our visa will be expiring in October month (my dependent work permit + my wife's student visa) and next month I will have 3 years of Canadian experience and my points will be 443. I am the primary applicant on file and my wife is secondary.

My question is: If I want to apply for Bridge Work Permit after submitting my PR file documents then what will be the procedure? I think I can apply for Bridge Work Permit but still my wife can apply for Bridge Work Permit on same application? If not then can you give your suggestion what will be the other options for my wife to stay within Canada?

Is there any way I can add my wife's name under Bridge Open Work Permit application so we can both get work permit to work for any employers within Canada ? Just note - currently my wife is a student.

Any suggestion/feedback would be great. So I can start planning/thinking from our side.

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,
My question is: If I want to apply for Bridge Work Permit after submitting my PR file documents then what will be the procedure? I think I can apply for Bridge Work Permit but still my wife can apply for Bridge Work Permit on same application?

ONLY the Principal Applicant can apply for a BOWP. However, your wife may be eligible for a Spouse Open Work Permit (same as you have right now), based on your BOWP application. You can submit both applications at the same time. She will only get the permit if yours is approved.

Note that between the time she graduates and when she receives the new work permit, she is not authorized to work.