+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge open wok permit (Bowp)

Jeffersonn

Jan 10, 2020
In many cases, permanent residence applicants applying from within Canada are on a valid Canadian work permit. The Bridging Open Work Permit was created as a way to keep workers in Canada working while their applications for permanent residency are processed.

Reactions: sethtammy

annieks

Dec 17, 2019
You can always apply a paper based bowp application. It will take longer to be processed but you will be able to at least go around the loop of the expired wp being an issue with the submission for bowp.
Hi,

Would IRCC not return your application when they check that its missing the AOR for WP extension?

annieks

Dec 17, 2019
Hi taher.bayadwala. My PGWP is expiring soon and will be on the same boat that you were on. If you don't mind, can you share what you wrote for the letter of explanation when you applied for BOWP without ITA and AOR? Your experience gave me hope ! Thank you for your help in advance :)
Hey,

Any update with your BOWP application? I am in the same boat. Did you apply paper or online?

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Hi,

Would IRCC not return your application when they check that its missing the AOR for WP extension?
Well this is on the assumption that you will be able to apply for pr in the meantime and send the AOR before they have time to process the application.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Well this is on the assumption that you will be able to apply for pr in the meantime and send the AOR before they have time to process the application.
No, annieks´question was based on the stated rules, that you must include the AOR when you apply for the BOWP (meaning, the AOR must be issued before you are eligible to apply for the BOWP).

Nonetheless, we have seen some people on this forum reporting that they succeed with the BOWP if they obtain the AOR after applying, and append it to their application before a decision is made. This should not happen, according to the written rules, but we know it sometimes does. This leaves open a lot of uncertainty, but it´s worth a try (at least, until IRCC changes its rules or processes again).

nom87

Dec 6, 2019
Based on my experience. I applied for bridging work permit before my permit expired. I did not received my ITA at that time. 2 months later I got my ITA and Submitted as additional doc to my BOWP application. Thankfully, CIC did not process my BOWP application at that time, took into account the newly submitted ITA and approved my BOWP.