+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brexit. Will it increase applicants to Canada?

No Man Left Behind

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
ttrajan said:
Soon Canada also will stop giving direct PRs?
Not likely. Canada is the second largest country in the world by area, while being only 37th by population. It also has 25th oldest population. They need young and skilled immigrants.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Two recent articles to add to the discussion :

"Britons seek to 'move to Canada' after Brexit vote : Google reports surge in U.K. searches for 'move to Canada,' 'move to Gibraltar'" : http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/uk-eu-brexit-vote-move-to-canada-1.3651308

"5 Ways Brexit Will Affect Canadians" : http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/25/5-ways-brexit-could-hurt-canadian-pocketbooks_n_10675688.html?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000007

"To sum it up, Brexit remains a concern for the Canadian economy, but we're not taking a direct hit — at least not yet."

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
We should make CRS an index that represents stability and economy in the world and report it like the Dow and FTSE 100

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Lol

I'm surprised about people being surprised. The recent two years have been hell for Europe, and a lot of people are done. I really like "my" Angela Merkel, I also think the idea of the EU is a good one. Though it was clear from the beginning that this multiculti-EU would have lots of issues, because at the end of the day every nation wants to stick to their own rules and affairs in some way.

I have been in Berlin in 2014 & 2015 and what I saw and lived wasn't fun at all.

To be honest I don't blame the British people, who am I to tell them what to do - everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter if we like it or not.

Things / life is going to be fine again, so I don't know why this is a huge deal. When the Euro came people where having nightmares and today no one cares anymore (well some do).

I hope that Canada is wiser. What happened in my home country wasn't and still isn't fun.

Applications will always go up and come down for many reasons. Immigrants will leave more or less, that's how it's always been and Great Britain leaving the EU won't change that either.

Back to life - the sun is awesome in Vancouver today !!

ponyboy85

Jun 27, 2016
For me I don't like the way the country is shifting to the right, I don't like the culture of blaming others for your misfortunes. I have heard people say 'I voted to leave because foreigners work harder for less, how is that fair?'. I am ashamed to be English (considering Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain) at the moment.

I am sure Canada could well be similar in the future, thing is it's a lot bigger so if it does happen I know I don't have to be surrounded by such people. I can work hard and vanish for weekends into the wilderness. I can work hard, save up then possibly buy a place with nobody around. Sounds like heaven!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
joelmath said:
Two recent articles to add to the discussion :

"Britons seek to 'move to Canada' after Brexit vote : Google reports surge in U.K. searches for 'move to Canada,' 'move to Gibraltar'" : http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/uk-eu-brexit-vote-move-to-canada-1.3651308

"5 Ways Brexit Will Affect Canadians" : http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/25/5-ways-brexit-could-hurt-canadian-pocketbooks_n_10675688.html?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000007

"To sum it up, Brexit remains a concern for the Canadian economy, but we're not taking a direct hit — at least not yet."
Also heard more searches for 'move to Mars' !

Sometimes wonder whether Google or the media pump these things up to get more add visibility which ultimately is what google and yahoo searches is all about so the more panic you create and searches the better.

Note to self must check my EE points for Mars

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
ponyboy85 said:
For me I don't like the way the country is shifting to the right, I don't like the culture of blaming others for your misfortunes. I have heard people say 'I voted to leave because foreigners work harder for less, how is that fair?'. I am ashamed to be English (considering Scotland and N. Ireland voted to remain) at the moment.

I am sure Canada could well be similar in the future, thing is it's a lot bigger so if it does happen I know I don't have to be surrounded by such people. I can work hard and vanish for weekends into the wilderness. I can work hard, save up then possibly buy a place with nobody around. Sounds like heaven!
The great thing about the points based immigration system is that it rewards jobs that are (1) high skilled and/or (2) in demand. So "foreigners" are never really stealing jobs just filling gaps. This prevents the angst that majority of baby boomers in the US and Europe feel. As long as Canada continues to finely adjust its intake requirements, I am optimistic that there won't be a backlash against immigrants.