Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hamid khan said:
I do not have very good idea how any bill pass as per Canadian law

But my thinking was, if PM wants to pass any bill He ( Justin T ) can do by his own power. ( in my country happen like this because PM have special power )

Also if any senate member wants not to pass this bill then why Justin T replace her to new person so that this bill can pass easily

I just write what ever I understand.

If i am wrong please correct me.
PM does not have the "executive order" to pass or sign bills without Commons/senate approval. Like a POTUS can.

PM still need approval of Commons and Senate to pass all bills.

Natan

May 22, 2015
screech339 said:
PM does not have the "executive order" to pass or sign bills without Commons/senate approval. Like a POTUS can.

PM still need approval of Commons and Senate to pass all bills.
The contents of C-6 could not be passed by a Presidential Executive Order in the USA. The president does not have that kind of power. The most a POTUS could do is "direct" the Justice Department and/or DHS to prioritize certain actions over others. Justice and DHS do not have to implement the President's "direction", they can, in fact, do the exact opposite with near impunity. The executive power of POTUS is circumscribed by competing competencies among government branches and agencies, that prevent the enforcement of orders that other branches/agencies deem unconstitutional or ill advised.

One will find this is true of all liberal democracies: the executive is constrained, not so much by law, but by the lack of ability to fund, enforce and implement policies that competing competencies find ill advised, unconstitutional or unlawful. Liberal democracies are slow, ponderous, and divided -- generally a mirror image of the people they purport to govern.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Bill skipped again today

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lets guys just focus on bill c-6 contact your local MPs and senators they know better answer for you then our comments here so please keep sending them emails ,,,thanks

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
keesio said:
Yes. Remember that when C-24 passed, it took CIC almost a year to implement it. So the rules from C-24 came into effect only about a year or so after it passed. The same will apply to C-6. Maybe IRCC will implement it much faster than C-24. But even if they move quickly, it will be a few months at least.

No one can answer that. Maybe it will create a backlog and slow things down. Or maybe because the standards are more relaxed that it makes processing a little easier? Who knows.
Thank you so much, your answers are very clear, through and insightful. Looks like the best course for us would be to just pass one more year as PR before we could apply for the Citizenship! :(

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Richard11 said:
lets guys just focus on bill c-6 contact your local MPs and senators they know better answer for you then our comments here so please keep sending them emails ,,,thanks
can you let us know how we can do that? - Thanks

sab_217

Oct 28, 2009
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
11 NOV 2011
Med's Request
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
15 july
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 july
VISA ISSUED...
8/Aug/2013
LANDED..........
At least each of us can call our local MP

FIND YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT USING YOUR POSTAL CODE

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Schedule for CIMM meeting :
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/Month/20161201/-1

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Guys, this bill is doing no good, dont waste time and hope on it, the 3/5 will not be in effect for a long long time even if it is passed now, so do not bank any hope on it. Let them kill the bill.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sab_217 said:
At least each of us can call our local MP

FIND YOUR MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT USING YOUR POSTAL CODE

http://www.lop.parl.gc.ca/ParlInfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Schedule for CIMM meeting :
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/View/Month/20161201/-1
MPs wont have any impact but senator would have, so you have to call your Senators.

On sidenote, I discussed this with Minister John last night and he said he is working with senators to get this passed. He hope that Senate will discuss it before Christmas however the chances are low. He didn't seem so hopeful about the timelines.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
MPs wont have any impact but senator would have, so you have to call your Senators.

On sidenote, I discussed this with Minister John last night and he said he is working with senators to get this passed. He hope that Senate will discuss it before Christmas however the chances are low. He didn't seem so hopeful about the timelines.
You seem to have great connections with high government officials. If I may ask, do you work in politics ?

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admontreal said:
You seem to have great connections with high government officials. If I may ask, do you work in politics ?
I ran election campaign for one of the ministers and still involved with few others. It is not related to my work but purely for interest

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
punk said:

If not before Christmas, what sort of timelines did he have in mind did he know or have an idea. Would it be done at lease by Canada day of 2017?

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
I ran election campaign for one of the ministers and still involved with few others. It is not related to my work but purely for interest
Impressive and interesting. Thank you for all the insights you bring :)
Do you foresee any chance that the bill would be abandonned ?

wamapr

Dec 2, 2016
keesio said:
Yes. Remember that when C-24 passed, it took CIC almost a year to implement it. So the rules from C-24 came into effect only about a year or so after it passed. The same will apply to C-6. Maybe IRCC will implement it much faster than C-24. But even if they move quickly, it will be a few months at least.

No one can answer that. Maybe it will create a backlog and slow things down. Or maybe because the standards are more relaxed that it makes processing a little easier? Who knows.
Also I wanted to ask one more question as following:

Since the Bill C-6 is not a law yet and since no one can predict whether and when it will be a law I will rather depend on qualifying for the current 4 of 6 years' rule. In which case and based on my current physical presence calculation and also considering my planned out of country travel in the next year, I will complete 1460 days some time during January 2018.

Now the current rule also says that one need to be physically present in Canada 183 days in each of four calendar years that are fully or partially in the six years immediately before the date of the application.

So my question is if ANY four calendar years (with min. 183 days each) that are fully or partially in the six years immediately before the date of my application are okay or they have to be immediate successive calendar years to my date of application for the Citizenship?

In my case the tentative scenario looks as following:

CY - Days

2012 - 18
2013 - 78
2014 - 365
2015 - 316
2016 - 356
2017 - 305
2018 - 22
Total 1460 Days
Date of eligibility - 22-Jan-18

Is my calculation of the above date of eligibility accurate or I will need to complete 183 days also in the calendar year 2018 before I can apply for the Citizenship?

Thank you kindly for your insight..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
wamapr said:
Also I wanted to ask one more question as following:

Since the Bill C-6 is not a law yet and since no one can predict whether and when it will be a law I will rather depend on qualifying for the current 4 of 6 years' rule. In which case and based on my current physical presence calculation and also considering my planned out of country travel in the next year, I will complete 1460 days some time during January 2018.

Now the current rule also says that one need to be physically present in Canada 183 days in each of four calendar years that are fully or partially in the six years immediately before the date of the application.

So my question is if ANY four calendar years (with min. 183 days each) that are fully or partially in the six years immediately before the date of my application are okay or they have to be immediate successive calendar years to my date of application for the Citizenship?

In my case the tentative scenario looks as following:

CY - Days

2012 - 18
2013 - 78
2014 - 365
2015 - 316
2016 - 356
2017 - 305
2018 - 22
Total 1460 Days
Date of eligibility - 22-Jan-18

Is my calculation of the above date of eligibility accurate or I will need to complete 183 days also in the calendar year 2018 before I can apply for the Citizenship?

Thank you kindly for your insight..
just use the on-line calculator from CIC - that's the official explanation