+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Breach of Contract if employment duration not completed?

Regdor

Sep 27, 2011
Hi! I just have a concern regarding my friend/cousin and hoping someone could help him on this.

My cousin who is also here in Canada has been working for his employer for only 2 mos now. But, he got a new LMO, and will apply for work permit for new employer. Question: 1) Will there be any breach of contract because the contract says the duration of employment is 2 years, but in the notice of resignation clause, it states that the employee can resign by giving notice in advance of a week or two.

2) Secondly, will the short employment of 2 mos with existing employer affect his application for work permit with new employer?

3) Thirdly, what if he resigns from present employer (with valid work permit still), and the application for work permit for new employer has been denied, is his stay in Canada still valid on the basis of his present WP but resigned?

4) He has the posiive LMO already, and will apply for WP soon, is there a ground for denial? Or it is safely assumed that once LMO is available, and all questions are answered, then WP will be approved?

Thank you for your reply.