+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Brazilian Postgraduate

gffg

Jan 22, 2019
Please, can anyone here tell me if 1-year courses (400 hrs) are equivalent to 1 postgraduate program in Canada? Thanks.

gffg

Jan 22, 2019
I know ... I wanted to know about other Brazilians who have already done this process. You see?

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Please, can anyone here tell me if 1-year courses (400 hrs) are equivalent to 1 postgraduate program in Canada? Thanks.
Usual standard is at least 360h and both program and institution with regular records at the Ministry of Education (MEC), but this is an estimate. Only the ECA report will tell you for sure.

Reactions: gffg

gffg

Jan 22, 2019
Yes ... I checked the MEC website. I would like to know if anyone here has already done this process and with a 1 year Brasilian postgraduate with similar hours. Thanks anyway =]. If you know anything, let me know.

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Yes ... I checked the MEC website. I would like to know if anyone here has already done this process and with a 1 year Brasilian postgraduate with similar hours. Thanks anyway =]. If you know anything, let me know.
Yeah, my 420h course (what we call in Brazil "pós-graduação - especialização lato sensu") was evaluated as 1-year diploma by WES. That with my Licentiate degree (evaluated as equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor's) allowed me to choose "two degrees".

Reactions: MiaVargas and gffg

gffg

Jan 22, 2019
Yeah, my 420h course (what we call in Brazil "pós-graduação - especialização lato sensu") was evaluated as 1-year diploma by WES. That with my Licentiate degree (evaluated as equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor's) allowed me to choose "two degrees".
Thanks, thanks a lot.

Reactions: arthurbr

MiaVargas

Nov 8, 2018
Hello Arthur! I have a post graduation of 420h as well, but the length of it actually was less then 1 year. Do you mind sharing with me witch University was your course? Thank you so much.

Reactions: gffg

gffg

Jan 22, 2019
Hello Arthur! I have a post graduation of 420h as well, but the length of it actually was less then 1 year. Do you mind sharing with me witch University was your course? Thank you so much.
I knew there were other Brazilians with the same doubt ... =]. Arthur, tell us about the start date and the date of completion of the course if possible ...

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
I knew there were other Brazilians with the same doubt ... =]. Arthur, tell us about the start date and the date of completion of the course if possible ...
IESB (Brasília), April 2015 - mid 2016 (classes) plus some time to do the final coursework (like a monograph / paper / article), which I finished in November 2016.

MiaVargas

Nov 8, 2018
Hi everyone! How are your' process moving? I´m sending my documents to WES by the end of the week, and still wonder if I should dispatch them via DHL or Sedex mundi. Do you have and opinion on that mather? Thank you guys!

Natalialima

Sep 20, 2021

Para obter o ECA de graduação e especialização (lato-sensu) é necessário fazer 2 inscrições? Onde 1 inscrição é para graduação e a outra é para especialização? Assim teria que pagar duas vezes?

ou

Eu me inscrevo para obter o ECA 1 vez e envio 2 historico/ diplomas (graduação e especialização) na mesma inscrição? Desta forma, eu pagaria 1 vez para obter o Relatório ECA para os 2 cursos?

PS. Qual empresa você utilizou para emitir seu ECA?
I have a question. For you, arthurbr that received your ECA Report for graduate school, please help me.

To obtain the Bachelor and specialization ECA (lato-sensu) is it necessary to make 2 applications? Where 1 application is for Bachelor and the other is for specialization? So would you have to pay twice?

or

Do I apply for the ECA 1 time and submit 2 transcripts/degrees (Bachelor and specialization) in the same application? In this way, would I pay 1 time to get the ECA Report for the 2 programs?

PS. Which company did you choose to issue your ECA?

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Para obter o ECA de graduação e especialização (lato-sensu) é necessário fazer 2 inscrições? Onde 1 inscrição é para graduação e a outra é para especialização? Assim teria que pagar duas vezes?

ou

Eu me inscrevo para obter o ECA 1 vez e envio 2 historico/ diplomas (graduação e especialização) na mesma inscrição? Desta forma, eu pagaria 1 vez para obter o Relatório ECA para os 2 cursos?

PS. Qual empresa você utilizou para emitir seu ECA?
I have a question. For you, arthurbr that received your ECA Report for graduate school, please help me.

To obtain the Bachelor and specialization ECA (lato-sensu) is it necessary to make 2 applications? Where 1 application is for Bachelor and the other is for specialization? So would you have to pay twice?

or

Do I apply for the ECA 1 time and submit 2 transcripts/degrees (Bachelor and specialization) in the same application? In this way, would I pay 1 time to get the ECA Report for the 2 programs?

PS. Which company did you choose to issue your ECA?
https://www.wes.org/ca/

Uma só com tudo.
Only one with everything.