+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boyfriend & girlfriend applied under conjugal partner. Any suggestions?

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys!
So we are expecting an application refusal. We are boyfriend and girlfriend, 3 years together, visiting each other every 4-5 months. We applied under sponsorship conjugal partner category. Since August 2018 I’m on stage eligibility reviewing. We make some research and I’m sure it will be a refusal. :(
Any suggestions, any your thoughts, please.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys!
So we are expecting an application refusal. We are boyfriend and girlfriend, 3 years together, visiting each other every 4-5 months. We applied under sponsorship conjugal partner category. Since August 2018 I’m on stage eligibility reviewing. We make some research and I’m sure it will be a refusal. :(
What suggestions do you want? It sounds like you are confident you do not qualify for conjugal (which is true in most cases, conjugal is the least used stream because most do not qualify for it) - the only real suggestion here is if you did incorrectly apply under conjugal and you are subsequently correctly refused, you will have to reapply as married or establish common law and then reapply.

Reactions: lbft and momo2018

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
What suggestions do you want? It sounds like you are confident you do not qualify for conjugal (which is true in most cases, conjugal is the least used stream because most do not qualify for it) - the only real suggestion here is if you did incorrectly apply under conjugal and you are subsequently correctly refused, you will have to reapply as married or establish common law and then reapply.
Thank you very much. I’m asking about suggestion to see how suggestions of other people match mine thoughts.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hi guys!
You can reapply as spousal sponsorship after marriage or as common law after living together for at least a year.

Reactions: lbft

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
You said it yourself that you're able to visit one another, meaning there's nothing stopping you from getting married or establishing common law. Your conjugal application will be refused. You can reapply once you get married or establish common law.

Reactions: lbft and kcward7

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Sponsor - in Canada
Applicant - in Russia
Application - in Warsaw
For conjugal relationship, you have to declare that you cannot legally marry your spouse in her country and she could not come to Canada to marry you, which is extremely difficult under most circumstances.

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
You said it yourself that you're able to visit one another, meaning there's nothing stopping you from getting married or establishing common law. Your conjugal application will be refused. You can reapply once you get married or establish common law.
Thank you!

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
For conjugal relationship, you have to declare that you cannot legally marry your spouse in her country and she could not come to Canada to marry you, which is extremely difficult under most circumstances.
Thank you. Now we know that. We able to marry, we thought it’s some sort of fiancee visa.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Thank you. Now we know that. We able to marry, we thought it’s some sort of fiancee visa.
No, you can get married in Canada after entering normally on a visitor visa (as Russian nationals require one to visit Canada). There's nothing else that needs to be done nor is there a need to disclose at the border that the applicant is there to get married or anything like that.

As for getting married in Russia as an alternative, I don't know much about that so you'd have to do your research and see if there are any special steps that need to be taken there.

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
No, you can get married in Canada after entering normally on a visitor visa (as Russian nationals require one to visit Canada). There's nothing else that needs to be done nor is there a need to disclose at the border that the applicant is there to get married or anything like that.

As for getting married in Russia as an alternative, I don't know much about that so you'd have to do your research and see if there are any special steps that need to be taken there.
Thank you very much. See how many information I’m getting!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sponsor - in Canada
Applicant - in Russia
Application - in Warsaw
You should withdraw the application since it's guaranteed to be refused and you'll just end up wasting money and time. You don't meet the requirements for conjugal.

Once you are either married or have lived together for a year to become common law, you can reapply.

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
You should withdraw the application since it's guaranteed to be refused and you'll just end up wasting money and time. You don't meet the requirements for conjugal.

Once you are either married or have lived together for a year to become common law, you can reapply.
Thank you. Do you think so.... still have a small hope....