+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

Morehamp

Jan 20, 2024
Hey everyone, just wondering what my best options are;
My work permit (2 years through IEC) expired November 20th 2023, however I applied for my PR in August 2023 and did not receive AOR until December 18th 2023.
I did not know how long I would’ve had to wait for the AOR so I applied for an extension/new open work permit few days before the previous work permit expired, and I was sent a letter stating that I would be on maintained status tilll they made a decision, and they made a decision today as a refusal (reason being 2 years was the max and it cannot be extended, however I thought I applied to get a new work permit Seperate from IEC NOT to extend cause I know 2 years is the max so I was unsure maybe I clicked the wrong option while filling the initial application out.

However, Since I have the AOR that was received in December 2023, can I now use that to apply for the bridging work permit instead even tho my previous work permit had already expired in November? would I be eligible? (It says online after doing the questionnaire for BOWP it then brings you to a “who can apply” page and states you can apply within 90 days of losing status, I lost the status November 20th 2023 so I’m still within the requirements, should I apply for this fast?

In addition, because I was afraid the new work permit application would be rejected I applied for a visitor record permit which says it is valid until September 2024, I did this just Incase I was given a refusal/removal notice for the new work permit I tried to apply for (which is now indeed refused for the reason I mentioned above) either way I wouldn’t have been able to go as I just had a baby the same month the work permit was due to expire (this was written in a separate letter that I sent along with the visitor record application hence why visitor record is till September 2024 I’m guessing)

Keep in mind, I now have a child and gave birth on November 1st 2023 so I am currently on maternity leave till September 2024

when doing the questionnaire section for BOWP do I currently put “worker” as my immigration status or “visitor” keep in mind I’m on maternity leave and I also have a valid visitor record till September 2024, keeping in mind also that I got the work permit refusal letter today (sorry I know it’s all a bit confusing)

If someone can tell me what my options are or answer my questions above it will be very much appreciated, as I am panicking and very confused on what to do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone, just wondering what my best options are;
My work permit (2 years through IEC) expired November 20th 2023, however I applied for my PR in August 2023 and did not receive AOR until December 18th 2023.
I did not know how long I would’ve had to wait for the AOR so I applied for an extension/new open work permit few days before the previous work permit expired, and I was sent a letter stating that I would be on maintained status tilll they made a decision, and they made a decision today as a refusal (reason being 2 years was the max and it cannot be extended, however I thought I applied to get a new work permit Seperate from IEC NOT to extend cause I know 2 years is the max so I was unsure maybe I clicked the wrong option while filling the initial application out.

However, Since I have the AOR that was received in December 2023, can I now use that to apply for the bridging work permit instead even tho my previous work permit had already expired in November? would I be eligible? (It says online after doing the questionnaire for BOWP it then brings you to a “who can apply” page and states you can apply within 90 days of losing status, I lost the status November 20th 2023 so I’m still within the requirements, should I apply for this fast?

In addition, because I was afraid the new work permit application would be rejected I applied for a visitor record permit which says it is valid until September 2024, I did this just Incase I was given a refusal/removal notice for the new work permit I tried to apply for (which is now indeed refused for the reason I mentioned above) either way I wouldn’t have been able to go as I just had a baby the same month the work permit was due to expire (this was written in a separate letter that I sent along with the visitor record application hence why visitor record is till September 2024 I’m guessing)

Keep in mind, I now have a child and gave birth on November 1st 2023 so I am currently on maternity leave till September 2024

when doing the questionnaire section for BOWP do I currently put “worker” as my immigration status or “visitor” keep in mind I’m on maternity leave and I also have a valid visitor record till September 2024, keeping in mind also that I got the work permit refusal letter today (sorry I know it’s all a bit confusing)

If someone can tell me what my options are or answer my questions above it will be very much appreciated, as I am panicking and very confused on what to do
You need to indicate how you have applied for PR / through which immigration program.

You are not out of status in Canada. You have valid status in Canada as a visitor.