+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

raj_mann

Oct 6, 2019
Hi Friends
I am currently on Closed Work Permit in Canada and my work permit expires by mid December. I have already applied for my PR after receiving my Provincial Nomination around 3 months back.
Now i am in process to apply my BOWP, my question is that if once i get my open work permit can i change my employer??

secondly in how much time will i get the BOWP??

Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, you can work anywhere on an open work permit. Processing times are impossible to predict. As long as you apply in time you have implied status.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Most PNPs don't like it if you abandon the employer who sponsored you and may cancel your nomination as a result. Applying for PR does not free you from the PNP criteria that got you nominated. If your PNP nomination is not tied to an employer then away you go.

raj_mann

Oct 6, 2019
Most PNPs don't like it if you abandon the employer who sponsored you and may cancel your nomination as a result. Applying for PR does not free you from the PNP criteria that got you nominated. If your PNP nomination is not tied to an employer then away you go.
My PNP letter says - Employer (if applicable)
*current employer is not mentioned
Restrictions on employment-No

what does this means??

princebabu

Aug 20, 2020
Can some one help me
My current closed work permit will expires by Dec 2021 and I have applied for PR and received my "AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt".
Can I apply for BOWP and shift the company?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Can some one help me
My current closed work permit will expires by Dec 2021 and I have applied for PR and received my "AOR - Acknowledgment of Receipt".
Can I apply for BOWP and shift the company?
No, your work permit needs to be expiring within 4 months.

raj_mann

Oct 6, 2019
HI

1. No, it still has to expire in 4 months.
I have to apply for a BOWP before the expiration of my Work Permit, but my lawyer says we can’t apply for open work permit till i get the file no of my PR file. Is it correct??

Sgseeker

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I got an approval for my BOWP even i still have 7 months on my close work permit, and 1 year close work permit during the time of my BOWP application :)

Reactions: nezly2448

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Situation: A person has been nominated by a province(May 2020) and sent the paper application(July 2020) to IRCC but has not received AOR until today (delays due to COVID_19). Currently they are issuing AOR to the applications reached their office on 1st week of April 2020.
Question: Can the person still apply for BOWP on the basis of just Nomination Certificate? Closed WP expiring in Apr 2021. Current processing time 158 days