+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP: Worth it in my case or not?

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Hello friends. I have a simple question, hoping you can help me out. Here are some relevant facts first:

• I am a PGWP holder. My PGWP will expire on August 15th, 2024, so in around 3 months.

• I received my ITA after a successful OINP nomination. I submitted my e-APR on April 15th and received my AOR immediately.

• I received my BIL on May 9th and currently, I am waiting for my scheduled appointment to have my biometrics captured (On May 30th.).

So, considering these timelines, do you think it's worth it for me to apply for BOWP? I mean, a BOWP application will take around 3 or 4 months to be approved and I feel like there's a good chance that my PR application gets approved way before that and even before my PGWP expires. Especially as a PNP applicant, since these type of applications seems to be going by very fast lately.

On a related note; A what point in my application do I have permission to work without the assistance of any other document such as a work permit? When I receive e-COPR? When I receive PPR? When I receive the physical PR card?

What are your thoughts on this? I appreciate your opinions and recommendations.

Best regards.

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
Hey man, It is always worth having a back up plan whilst your waiting on any certainty with immigration. My BOWP was refused due to not submitting a document that the IRCC never asked me for when I was applying for it. I've now been unable to work for 95 days, still waiting for a decision on my restoration application.

AVOID this scenario at all costs, it is a nightmare.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Yep, better be safe than sorry. What is the problem to apply for BOWP?

And why do you wait so long for BIO appointment?
I was told that I have to apply within 3 months of my work permit's expiration. That starts today pretty much.
Also thank you both for your replies!

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023

I didn’t submit my provincial nomination certificate with my BOWP application, but it wasn’t in the list of requested documents when I was submitting.

I have done biometrics, I’m waiting on my restoration application to be processed.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021

Also: One of the reservations that i have regarding if i should apply for BOWP or not is: What will happen to my BOWP application if my PR gets approved first?

Would the BOWP be rejected in that case? I'm under the impression that it would be. I don't have any rejection from any application (thankfully) and I would hate to have one in my history, specially if I can avoid it.

But I do agree with you that is better to be safe than sorry.