+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
[ Review of eligibility @
• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
(J Review of medical results @
o You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
If Review of additional documents Q
• We do not need additional documents.
De. Interview @
o You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics ?
• We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
© Background check @
• Not applicable
sis Final decision @
o Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Does your application also looks like this???

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, I had a question.
My closed-WP (LMIA based) expires on December 27, 2021 (along with multiple-entry visitor visa)
I had applied for BOWP on Sept 7, 2021 and it is still under processing. IRCC gave me a letter stating that i can continue working if i stay in Canada (regular letter). I wanted to ask if I visit my hometown (not US) and come back around 20th Dec, 2021, will I be re-allowed entry back to Canada? Can i continue working and go on maintianed status after 27th?
Or does maintained status start when i applied for BOWP and got the letter?

@legalfalcon Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You will need a valid visa, as long as you have a valid visa, you can reenter and work on maintained status.

Reactions: nitin1304

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
is there a specific situation or reason why BOWP gets approved for 1 year or 2 years?
Depends on the processing of your PR application and which stream you applied for (CEC, PNP, QSWP, etc)

“QSWP and PNP processing times usually extend to 24 months or more. Therefore, to help ensure that applicants do not have to submit multiple work permit extensions, the duration for the initial BOWP for these categories is 24 months or until the passport validity, whichever is shorter. The duration of the BOWP for other PR categories remains 12 months.”

Last edited:

Numwa

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Depends on the processing of your PR application and which stream you applied for (CEC, PNP, QSWP, etc)

“QSWP and PNP processing times usually extend to 24 months or more. Therefore, to help ensure that applicants do not have to submit multiple work permit extensions, the duration for the initial BOWP for these categories is 24 months or until the passport validity, whichever is shorter. The duration of the BOWP for other PR categories remains 12 months.”
I'm FSW-Inland and got 12 months. This was already my second BOWP - hope I don't have to apply for a third one next year lol