+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Arun13

Jun 7, 2021
Seriously. Yes, that’s right, I applied for PR and BOWP at the same time in March, right before my work permit expired so me and my spouse have been on implied status since then. There has been no communication at all on the BOWP (or on my spouse’s SOWP). Now I’m hoping that PR comes through first, but my eligibility has been stuck at review required since April. I did get a GU on Oct 7, but it’s always just a frustrating guessing game with IRCC.
Did your implied status affect your job in any way? Are the employers ok with this scenario?
I have similar situation coming up where my PGWP expires on Dec 2nd. I have submitted PR and applied for the BOWP.

uhmgibb

Oct 4, 2021
You should get your approval before 27 October. Please don't forget to inform us once you do.
Update:
The status on my application changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." just now.
Today is exactly 87 days after I applied (87 was the processing time estimate at the time I applied).
Fingers crossed it will be accepted soon.

rahul.ahuja

Mar 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-11-2020
AOR Received.
24-11-2020
Med's Done....
20-02-2022
Update:
The status on my application changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." just now.
Today is exactly 87 days after I applied (87 was the processing time estimate at the time I applied).
Thank you for the update. Keep us posted for other updates as well. Good luck to you !

rara85

May 21, 2021
Did your implied status affect your job in any way? Are the employers ok with this scenario?
I have similar situation coming up where my PGWP expires on Dec 2nd. I have submitted PR and applied for the BOWP.
Implied status won’t affect your job. My employer hasn’t a clue what my immigration status is. The rules say you can keep on working as normal until they approve your new work permit. You just can’t leave the country until they give you a decision. My case seems rare - I haven’t heard of many folks waiting 8 months +. You’ll likely receive your BOWP in under 3 months.

Reactions: Arun13

uhmgibb

Oct 4, 2021
Update:
It just got approved! Exactly according to the 87 days estimate.
Haven't received an email yet, but it is visible in the online portal.

farhadfaghihi

Aug 10, 2021
hey folks! 100 days! I'm waiting for my BOWP like many of you
we have started a petition to ask IRCC to speed up processing https://chng.it/Mq46mff8Cv
Sign it and share it please.
reach out to your local congressmen, prime minister email, minister of IRCC office and make noise.
People did the exact same thing in New Zealand and it worked. sitting and waiting is not gonna cut it.

Dreamer 007

Feb 26, 2020
hey folks! 100 days! I'm waiting for my BOWP like many of you
we have started a petition to ask IRCC to speed up processing https://chng.it/Mq46mff8Cv
Sign it and share it please.
reach out to your local congressmen, prime minister email, minister of IRCC office and make noise.
People did the exact same thing in New Zealand and it worked. sitting and waiting is not gonna cut it.
When did u apply for bowp