BOWP Tracker 2020

Raghubir

Star Member
Oct 3, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29-April-2021
My work permit expired on April 29th and applied for BOWP on April 29th but when I submitted my application it was 9:16 PM in British Columbia( my local time) and my AOR shows April 30th 00:16 AM according Ottawa time. I am worried about my application. will they approve it or reject it??

Note- I had 18 months PGWP appication in process between April 26-May 18 but that got rejected because i was out of country on January 27th. basically I was on implied status on April 30th.

Reactions: ajisha18

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
My work permit expired on April 29th and applied for BOWP on April 29th but when I submitted my application it was 9:16 PM in British Columbia( my local time) and my AOR shows April 30th 00:16 AM according Ottawa time. I am worried about my application. will they approve it or reject it??

Note- I had 18 months PGWP appication in process between April 26-May 18 but that got rejected because i was out of country on January 27th. basically I was on implied status on April 30th.
I think you should be ok, as they should consider the time zones of entire Canada instead of just Ottawa. It's always better to apply a day earlier to expiry than on the same day for these very reasons. You should call IRCC regardless and confirm with them if your application is indeed in "safe zone" .

yonkokaido94

Dec 23, 2020
Hello I applied for bowp and got approved but the physical print was sent to wrong address , my current work permit expiring in 17 july 2021.

But i have a letter IMM5754 Which states my applucation was approved for and has expiry date for 2022.

The letter states that This Letter is not a proof to travel and a proof to remain in Canada.

Can I use this letter to stay or work because ircc messed my work permit delivery.

buzzard

Star Member
Dec 7, 2019
Hello I applied for bowp and got approved but the physical print was sent to wrong address , my current work permit expiring in 17 july 2021.

But i have a letter IMM5754 Which states my applucation was approved for and has expiry date for 2022.

The letter states that This Letter is not a proof to travel and a proof to remain in Canada.

Can I use this letter to stay or work because ircc messed my work permit delivery.
No you need the actual permit. Contact IRCC, they should be able to reissue.
How did they mess up the address, did you move and not report the change?

rara85

May 21, 2021
Still waiting, getting antsy. Was hoping our bowp/sowp would have been approved by now - applied March 16 (AOR March 15). My partner is getting ready to return to Canada from the US and without the work permit approval he’s going to have to do the riskier move of entering with implied status instead.

Kelyk

Feb 5, 2019
BOWP & SOWP
Applied: June 3rd
Approved: June 4th

Still waiting for medical and bio update on pr application.

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Hi guys

For those of you that applied for BOWP based on CEC application AOR and do have a provincial nomination certificate or paper application ongoing, what was your response to the question ' Do you have a nomination certificate from a province' in the work permit application form.