+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

asadz165

Jun 24, 2018
Hi guys, some background about my profile - my wife's SOWP is expiring on 30th April 2021 and she is the principal applicant on our CEC profile. We have received the ITA and will be submitting the documents soon and hopefully get AOR before her SOWP expiry. I have a noc B job but the problem is that it's 90 days contractual job before they offer a permanent position.

My question is that should we apply for her SOWP extension through my job or go for BOWP since we have AOR? will really appreciate your response on this. Thanks!

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
I don't know what to feel right now. My spouse's BOWP has been just approved. submitted on 23 March, 2021, and bam after less than a week, it is approved. Our PR application has passed all stages on 1 Mar and biometrics was refunded on 12 Mar. It seems to me that IRCC are deliberately holding the final approval and force more PR applicants to apply for new temporary permits so that they can collect more money from us.

• Angry
Reactions: EscoBlades

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
I don't know what to feel right now. My spouse's BOWP has been just approved. submitted on 23 March, 2021, and bam after less than a week, it is approved. Our PR application has passed all stages on 1 Mar and biometrics was refunded on 12 Mar. It seems to me that IRCC are deliberately holding the final approval and force more PR applicants to apply for new temporary permits so that they can collect more money from us.
Yeah.. ! When they pick a BOWP application for processing, it would be nice if they look at the PR application for what stage it is at. If it is in the final stage, they can process the PR and thus leaving the BOWP.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Yeah.. ! When they pick a BOWP application for processing, it would be nice if they look at the PR application for what stage it is at. If it is in the final stage, they can process the PR and thus leaving the BOWP.
Exactly. They made notes in the notes about each time an incoming call is made to the agent from us. That’s completely useless allocation of time and space. I guess they are at full capacity to collect as much money as they can from temporary residents to compensate these COVID benefits that Canadians and PRs are receiving. Later more taxes might be collected to fix the gov financial deficit hole.

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hi all,

My PR application is in process (AOR August 20th 2020), and I had applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit (My current permit was expiring on 7th April 2021), which was approved on 23rd March and received the physical permit today. I am planning to travel to India in Mid-April for about 2 months.

My question is: The work visa TRV in my passport expired last year, but I also have a visitor visa TRV in my passport which is valid till 2026. Would I have any problem coming back into Canada? I had actually travelled to India in August 2020 and came back into Canada in December 2020 in the same situation but they let me in, after some to and from discussion between the airlines and the immigrations in Canada. Is it safe to apply for a new work TRV or would my visit visa TRV be fine like last time? Just a bit anxious with all these restrictions. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks! :)

@EscoBlades Would be great if you can advice :) thanks!

Ishansimran

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Hi all,

My PR application is in process (AOR August 20th 2020), and I had applied for a Bridging Open Work Permit (My current permit was expiring on 7th April 2021), which was approved on 23rd March and received the physical permit today. I am planning to travel to India in Mid-April for about 2 months.

My question is: The work visa TRV in my passport expired last year, but I also have a visitor visa TRV in my passport which is valid till 2026. Would I have any problem coming back into Canada? I had actually travelled to India in August 2020 and came back into Canada in December 2020 in the same situation but they let me in, after some to and from discussion between the airlines and the immigrations in Canada. Is it safe to apply for a new work TRV or would my visit visa TRV be fine like last time? Just a bit anxious with all these restrictions. Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks! :)

@EscoBlades Would be great if you can advice :) thanks!
I came back from India to Canada on Visitor status in FEB , 2019 as I did not get my passport stamped before going to Canada.
Air lines asked for the stamp first but later they allowed me

Reactions: rajpotula

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Got BOWP approved today

AOR 26 March,2021
WP-Ext 27 March,2021 (Saturday)
Approved- 31 March,2021
Approved 18 Months under New policy

Reactions: Walle_007

Kpgrp

Nov 7, 2020
Hello, I will be applying for BOWP soon. I would like to extend my spouse SOWP , do I do it together or seperatly? Do we need to show proof of pay stubs under noc 0 A B? I applied under BCPNP.

limitless77777

Feb 26, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
NOC C
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-15-2020
Doc's Request.
16-04-2021
AOR Received.
01-18-2021
IELTS Request
16-04-2021
Med's Request
02-18-2021
Med's Done....
upfront. Medical Passed: April 13, 2021
Hi somebody posted here that those who apply BOWP whose PR Applications i progress are not medical passed yet will get their BOWP process longer?

does anyone here who applied a BOWP approved in weeks time while medical is not yet passed.

my medical status in my pr is still not passed. As per the agent its still in progress. Im planning to apply BOWP now. My WP will expire i July 31,2021

limitless77777

Feb 26, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
NOC C
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-15-2020
Doc's Request.
16-04-2021
AOR Received.
01-18-2021
IELTS Request
16-04-2021
Med's Request
02-18-2021
Med's Done....
upfront. Medical Passed: April 13, 2021
Hi somebody posted here that those who apply BOWP whose PR Applications in progress are not medical passed yet will get their BOWP process longer.

does anyone here who applied a BOWP approved in weeks time while medical is not yet passed.

my medical status in my pr is still not passed. As per the agent its still in progress. Im planning to apply BOWP now. My WP will expire in July 31,2021

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello people

I am confused as to how to extend my work permit. I have a closed work permit expiring in June as I got short time due to my passport expiry date. And my PR application is already in process, my confusion is will I have to renew my work permit support letter with SINP and get my employer to pay fees again? Or i can apply for BOWP. My employment is restricted, category SINP international student stream.

Please folks help me out here