+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Congrats! When is your existing visa expiring? I wonder if this fast processing is only for those people whose visa is expiring within the next few days.
Not exactly the case. People with a few months left on their existing WP are also getting approved in a matter of days. Not sure how they decide.

Anxietea

Mar 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
Congrats! When is your existing visa expiring? I wonder if this fast processing is only for those people whose visa is expiring within the next few days.
I thought so too, but there were a bunch of approvals for people whose visa is expiring in May or June now. I think it‘s just a matter of luck and depends on which officer gets the file.
Super frustrating, I‘m hoping to get it soon but there‘s just no way to know (or to speed up the process).

grace2268

Jan 23, 2021
In my case, my current visa is expiring on July 14th. It's still quite a while. I thought it's gonna be processed for 3 months as I saw the processing time on the IRCC website. I was surprised that it only took a week.

Anxietea

Mar 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
Applied: Feb 24th
Approved: Mar 23rd

No message yet, I just checked my account and saw that it was approved.

indianguy11

Dec 7, 2019
In my case, my current visa is expiring on July 14th. It's still quite a while. I thought it's gonna be processed for 3 months as I saw the processing time on the IRCC website. I was surprised that it only took a week.
Thanks for sharing that, although it doesn't make me feel any better :p
My next best guess is that people who are receiving BOWP in 2 weeks must have had their R10 completeness check already done. I think that is a prerequisite for bowp to get processed.

Last edited:

grace2268

Jan 23, 2021
Thanks for sharing that, although it doesn't make me feel any better :p
My next best guess is that people who are receiving BOWP in 2 weeks must have had their R10 completeness check already done. I think that is a prerequisite for bowp to get processed.
R10 completeness is one of the requirements to pass the BOWP, once your medical is pass means your R10 is also passed. If you didn't get your BOWP approved within 3 months after you applied you need to contact IRCC. Anyways, it would be even better to get BOWP later if your existing visa is still valid, cuz the less the overlapping is, the longer time you can stay.

Ishansimran

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
R10 completeness is one of the requirements to pass the BOWP, once your medical is pass means your R10 is also passed. If you didn't get your BOWP approved within 3 months after you applied you need to contact IRCC. Anyways, it would be even better to get BOWP later if your existing visa is still valid, cuz the less the overlapping is, the longer time you can stay.
My medical is not passed but have AOR, I applied in July 2020 for BOWP. still waiting for result. Is that the reason for delay?

Reactions: StudyMaster

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Applied : March 9
GU: March 21
Approved: March 23
Got physical document in mail today .. was expecting atleast 2 weeks to get physical document ..
It was pretty quick..
Good luck to all..

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Applied : March 9
GU: March 21
Approved: March 23
Got physical document in mail today .. was expecting atleast 2 weeks to get physical document ..
It was pretty quick..
Good luck to all..
Hi, congratulations! do they just put them in the mail box? or someone will deliver them to the door?