+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi,

Similar question.

The principal applicant applies for BOWP and the spouse is a student. What type of permit will the spouse get? Open work permit or study permit
extension?
Thank you :) :) :) :)

Anxietea

Mar 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
Thanks. When seeing all those fast processing lately, I thought something may be wrong with my application. When does your current permit expire? Mine is valid until May 5th so there is no rush, maybe that's why they haven't done it yet...
@mstefan I think your theory might be correct - I personally know of 3 people who got their BOWP approved within days (one literally within 4 days), all of them applied very close to the expiration date of their previous work permit (this is very recent, within the last two weeks). Plus a bunch of people in this thread had the same experience.

Reactions: mstefan

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
@mstefan I think your theory might be correct - I personally know of 3 people who got their BOWP approved within days (one literally within 4 days), all of them applied very close to the expiration date of their previous work permit (this is very recent, within the last two weeks). Plus a bunch of people in this thread had the same experience.
Whereas I applied 17th November yet to get any response on my BOWP!

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I had u GU last night, for the 4 applications at the same time (BOWP, SOWP, and 2 visitor record extensions). It may be a good sign, but it's definitely taking longer than in other cases. Anyway, like I said, no rush yet on our side :)

Have you requested GCMS notes? It's really too long for a BOWP...

Reactions: Anxietea

Ishansimran

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
I applied for BOWP July 2020, File got transferred to local visa office in NOV 2020
Still waiting for approval. What could be the reason?
AOR Jan 2020 for paper based application.
Please revert

Rishita

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I had u GU last night, for the 4 applications at the same time (BOWP, SOWP, and 2 visitor record extensions). It may be a good sign, but it's definitely taking longer than in other cases. Anyway, like I said, no rush yet on our side :)

Have you requested GCMS notes? It's really too long for a BOWP...
I have already applied for GCMS, Will receive it next month

Anxietea

Mar 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
That‘s a good sign for sure! Were there any changes?
I think someone mentioned their eligibility changed to „We are reviewing your eligibility“ the day before their permit was approved.
Fingers crossed you‘ll get good news next week!

That is a very long wait, I hope your GCMS notes will have some helpful information!

I applied for BOWP July 2020, File got transferred to local visa office in NOV 2020
Still waiting for approval. What could be the reason?
AOR Jan 2020 for paper based application.
Please revert
Wow, that‘s super long. Did you contact IRCC about this (Phone call/webform) or order GCMS notes? I wasn‘t aware BOWP files had local visa offices as well.

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi,

Does anybody know if BOWP and SOWP can be applied together? My spouse applied for her BOWP and a new SOWP for me. The BOWP is still in process but my sowp application has been refused due to the following reason:
  • your spouse's work permit must be valid for at least 6 months.
Thanks!

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

Does anybody know if BOWP and SOWP can be applied together? My spouse applied for her BOWP and a new SOWP for me. The BOWP is still in process but my sowp application has been refused due to the following reason:
Thanks!
It might be because spouse BOWP isn’t processed yet. I assume you applied separately or a decision was made first on the SOWP. A processing at two different VO might cause. My thoughts anyway. Hope it helps.

Reactions: abhishek93

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Quick update for me. My BOWP, my wife's SOWP and my kids' visitor records extension just got approved.

AOR: FEB 24
GU: MAR 20 (I had 4 GUs total, one for each application/family member)
FINAL DECISION: MAR 22

We all have the same expiry date: FEB 20, 2022

I didn't receive any email, I logged in randomly to check the status and saw that all applications were approved.

Anxietea

Mar 11, 2021
Category........
CEC
Quick update for me. My BOWP, my wife's SOWP and my kids' visitor records extension just got approved.

AOR: FEB 24
GU: MAR 20 (I had 4 GUs total, one for each application/family member)
FINAL DECISION: MAR 22

We all have the same expiry date: FEB 20, 2022

I didn't receive any email, I logged in randomly to check the status and saw that all applications were approved.
That‘s awesome, congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: mstefan

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!
My wife's BOWP also got approved for 1 year, a few minutes ago! And yet they refused my SOWP based in eligibility! What is IRCC doing!!??

Reactions: rajpotula

janaks09

Sep 25, 2020
Hello Guys,

I am planning to apply for BOWP this week. I did some research on the internet on how to apply and what to do but just wondering if there is anything that I need to be aware of. I found that it is similar to the Open work permit application and need to provide AOR documents.

Any tips or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks!