+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Please find details in my signature. (-:

Good news! I received the approval letter as well, as PDF in GCKey.
Hey @PGWWPP, hope you are not bothered by my queries, but I need to know that how did you even apply BOWP before getting PR AOR? So far I understand, in order to get a BOWP, applicant must have submitted PR application and have the AOR.
How come you apply it in July (3 months before receiving AOR)? Is there any exemption clause?

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Congratulations man... For me its got refused... Not sure why
Aor 9 oct, closed wp and working, inland CEC, dependent outland.
BOWP - refused
Visitor Visa for dependents kept on hold..

All our effort and money is just wasted I feel
Hey @swapanathorat I found out this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit/changing-employment.html

Public policy exception are for people changing jobs under closed work permit to closed work permit.
BOWP is Open WP. So it goes like Closed to Open WP, which is not covered by Public Policy exemption.

For BOWP, we don't need to attach job offer. We need job offer only when we are trying to change to new employer (this is also to be mentioned in the IMM 5710, second check box) and you are requesting for public policy exemption via web form.

Did you send them a web form to request such exemption under BOWP application?

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I just applied BOWP today and I received only official receipt so far.
My visa is expired next week and I'll be implied status after.

How can I proof my implied status if I'm required to show my status?

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Guys... so any good news for today? Can we know who all are here with BOWP application date post 21 Oct 2020 till 31 Oct and have not gotten it approved?

Elle_

Jan 6, 2021

If you applied on paper you can provide your employer with a set of documents which prove that you have implied status.
If you applied online you should receive a letter stating that you are allowed to work while your application is being processed.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020

I submitted my bowp application December 20th and still haven't received the additional documents including the work permit extn letter (the one that automatically gives you 4 months). When I called ircc they sent me an email which explains that I do have implied status and told me to forward that along with the confirmation letter I got in my cic account.

vg2013

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I have a question on my BOWP application.

I have applied for PR under CEC (myself as principal + wife on visitor visa + 2 kids who are US citizens - all are Inland) and current am on closed WP. I intend to apply for Open WP for me along with extending visitor for my spouse.

1. Do I need to attach my kids study permits (they are in elementary school in Toronto) in the "Client Information Section" as well? I presume there is no visa as such for them (again, they being US citizens).
2. There is a question which asks "Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?" - Should i should be answering that as "Yes" ?
3. As a lot of forms are being attached anyhow as part of the application, do i need to attach a LOE additionally under "Client Information" ?

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hey @PGWWPP, hope you are not bothered by my queries, but I need to know that how did you even apply BOWP before getting PR AOR? So far I understand, in order to get a BOWP, applicant must have submitted PR application and have the AOR.
How come you apply it in July (3 months before receiving AOR)? Is there any exemption clause?
Hi this was my post few months ago. Hope it helps
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2020-on-wards-paper-based-pr-applicants-waiting-for-aor-mr-ppr-connect-here.673437/post-8952220

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Guys I just received a refusal letter, stating that

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs.

I have a pending CEC application, and I submitted my acknowledgement of receipt with my application in the client document (letter of explanation) as well. I don't understand what is going on, I am freaking out. Please someone help me. :(
Did you get any update on your application? Did they approve it now?