+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
Approved in GC key on December 22, 2020 and received it by mail Jan 4, 2021. Took 9 business days, you may receive it earlier than I did because there are no upcoming public holidays.
after your BOWP got approved, when did you get your refund for biometrics?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
after your BOWP got approved, when did you get your refund for biometrics?
I am not going to receive a refund because my PR has not been approved and I added a Letter of Explanation I was exempt from paying fees for my Biometrics because it is not required for BOWP and I already did my Biometrics for my PR application.

Reactions: joeychuramoi

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Guys, I have a few questions. I got a refusal for my BOWP application today stating that I needed to submit proof that I submitted a PR application. I did submit my AOR with my work permit application, so I wasn't sure what was going on, so I immediately called IRCC.

The first agent went through the application and confirmed that I did submit my AOR with my work permit application, she said she can see it, and I am eligible since I am a CEC applicant who applied for it 30 days before the expiry of my current permit; so acknowledging that the refusal might be in error, she requested reconsideration. I called again after a while and connected to another agent, who confirmed that he can see my AOR, and confirmed that the reconsideration request was already sent.

I think the visa officer who initially refused the application didn't see the AOR as it was attached as the second page of my LOE (they probably didn't scroll).

I am very confused about what I should do now:
  1. I am very sure that the refusal was in error (based on my correspondence with the IRCC call centre agents), and since the reconsideration request in on its way, what do I do with my work? I have told my employer that I am going to stop working immediately until I hear back from IRCC about my application. I am curious to know if I still have implied status.
  2. Do I need to file an application to restore my status? or should I just wait till I hear back from IRCC about the reconsideration.
  3. For folks who submitted reconsideration requests, how long did it take for you to hear back from IRCC?
  4. The status of my application on their website still says "Refused", is this going to ever change during this reconsideration process, or will it stay like that?
I appreciate any responses you folks may have as I am going through a really hard time. Thank you.
Prayers for you! Keep us posted on your progress

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Just got my BOWP approved today.

PR invite - June 4
PR CEC AOR - Sep 2
BOWP AOR - Oct 19
Biometrics - Nov 27

interesting for some people to know: My work permit was not expiring within 90 days of the time I applied, it is in fact a valid closed work permit until 2022, but wrote a LoE that I lost my job due to COVID and can’t take on a new role because of the closed work permit situation. Guess that was convincing.

Elle_

Jan 6, 2021
Just wanted to ask this - Not sure if anyone else is in the same spot as me, but I have received my BOWP via mail, I believe now I need to apply for my TRV but I am also in my last stages of my PR application as I have submitted my info in the online portal and just waiting for them to issue E-COPR. Do I just wait it out for them to issue my COPR and PR card or apply for TRV asap? (no plans of travelling soon if that matters). thanks.
How long is your BOWP valid for?
Since you are about to receive your COPR, I wonder how long it was extended for.

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa

PR invite - June 4
PR CEC AOR - Sep 2
BOWP AOR - Oct 19
Biometrics - Nov 27

interesting for some people to know: My work permit was not expiring within 90 days of the time I applied, it is in fact a valid closed work permit until 2022, but wrote a LoE that I lost my job due to COVID and can’t take on a new role because of the closed work permit situation. Guess that was convincing.
Congrats, that is so exciting. I have my BOWP AOR Oct 26, so hopefully mine will be approved next week, especially since I became implied status today.

saurabh2326

Star Member
Apr 30, 2020

PR invite - June 4
PR CEC AOR - Sep 2
BOWP AOR - Oct 19
Biometrics - Nov 27

Congratulations... Good find. BTW did you claim job offer 50 points when applying for PR ?

Ghata

Jun 13, 2019
I have Question regarding BOWP
I have BOWP aor:31st October but I have no update on account after that..none of sections are cleared yet.. that means they haven’t started processing yet.. is it normal?
as people from October are getting approval was it same for you or different?

calvinklein

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I have Question regarding BOWP
I have BOWP aor:31st October but I have no update on account after that..none of sections are cleared yet.. that means they haven’t started processing yet.. is it normal?
as people from October are getting approval was it same for you or different?
Yes, be patient, your should come in 2-3 weeks.

Elle_

Jan 6, 2021
I applied on October 19, 2020. If the October 15 guy has got the decision. I can expect my decision in the coming week. Fingers crossed!!! I hope I will get it. ‍♂‍♂‍♂
Do you have any news?
My BOWP AOR is also October 19, 2020