Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Guys I just received a refusal letter, stating that

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs.

I have a pending CEC application, and I submitted my acknowledgement of receipt with my application in the client document (letter of explanation) as well. I don't understand what is going on, I am freaking out. Please someone help me. :(

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Guys I just received a refusal letter, stating that

To be considered for a bridging open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and submit proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under one of the following programs.

I have a pending CEC application, and I submitted my acknowledgement of receipt with my application in the client document (letter of explanation) as well. I don't understand what is going on, I am freaking out. Please someone help me. :(
when was your AOR? Did you upload the AOR selecting the correct WP category?

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
when was your AOR? Did you upload the AOR selecting the correct WP category?
My AOR was on June 9th, 2020. I did upload it and attached it to the letter of explanation.

I just called IRCC, and the call centre representative confirmed that she can see my acknowledgement of receipt letter and everything looked fine. (I submitted everything as one PDF)

She said she has submitted a request for reconsideration, and I really hope they look at it as soon as possible.

abeythomas1997

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-06-2020
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Guys, I have a few questions. I got a refusal for my BOWP application today stating that I needed to submit proof that I submitted a PR application. I did submit my AOR with my work permit application, so I wasn't sure what was going on, so I immediately called IRCC.

The first agent went through the application and confirmed that I did submit my AOR with my work permit application, she said she can see it, and I am eligible since I am a CEC applicant who applied for it 30 days before the expiry of my current permit; so acknowledging that the refusal might be in error, she requested reconsideration. I called again after a while and connected to another agent, who confirmed that he can see my AOR, and confirmed that the reconsideration request was already sent.

I think the visa officer who initially refused the application didn't see the AOR as it was attached as the second page of my LOE (they probably didn't scroll).

I am very confused about what I should do now:
  1. I am very sure that the refusal was in error (based on my correspondence with the IRCC call centre agents), and since the reconsideration request in on its way, what do I do with my work? I have told my employer that I am going to stop working immediately until I hear back from IRCC about my application. I am curious to know if I still have implied status.
  2. Do I need to file an application to restore my status? or should I just wait till I hear back from IRCC about the reconsideration.
  3. For folks who submitted reconsideration requests, how long did it take for you to hear back from IRCC?
  4. The status of my application on their website still says "Refused", is this going to ever change during this reconsideration process, or will it stay like that?
I appreciate any responses you folks may have as I am going through a really hard time. Thank you.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
submitted BOWP: Oct 16, 2020
Approved: Jan 05,2020

when can apply for New SIN?
When you receive a physical copy of your work permit. You will have to upload the the copy online when applying to extend it.

I applied for an extension of the expiry date of my SIN number yesterday when I received my work permit in the mail.

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015
When you receive a physical copy of your work permit. You will have to upload the the copy online when applying to extend it.

I applied for an extension of the expiry date of my SIN number yesterday when I received my work permit in the mail.
how long before I receive the work permit via mail? Actually, I havent receive a notification from IRCC yet and no new msg as well. But on my profile it says its approved.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
how long before I receive the work permit via mail? Actually, I havent receive a notification from IRCC yet and no new msg as well. But on my profile it says its approved.
Approved in GC key on December 22, 2020 and received it by mail Jan 4, 2021. Took 9 business days, you may receive it earlier than I did because there are no upcoming public holidays.

Reactions: joeychuramoi

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Hello everyone would really appreciate if you could help me with this, I am planning to apply for BOWP this week. As the principal applicant, how do I apply BOWP for my spouse? Can it be done on the same portal where I can just include him? Or does he need to do it on his own account?

We're under CEC class and he's also included in my PR application.

Thank you!

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Hello everyone would really appreciate if you could help me with this, I am planning to apply for BOWP this week. As the principal applicant, how do I apply BOWP for my spouse? Can it be done on the same portal where I can just include him? Or does he need to do it on his own account?

We're under CEC class and he's also included in my PR application.

Thank you!
I recently applied for my mine and include my spouse on the same application, I am hoping I am right.
I have a NOC B job, so include my job letter and payslips.