Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I applied under FSWP in March 2020.
Refused - Last week of August(POF)
Reapplied - First week of October.
BOWP - couple of days before.
PGWP Expiry - December.
Unfortunately, I forgot to add AOR in my BOWP application. What can I expect???????
I believe, not 100% sure, that you can do 2 things to have the AOR in your application:
- Send the AOR through web form asking the officer to make a note in your Bowp application asking to have the AOR u sent attached to it.
- Cancel the BOWP application, also through web form, and after that create another BOWP application with all required documents attached.

As your Pgwp will expire in December, I think u have time to cancel the Bowp and do a new Bowp application (you maybe can send the webform for cancel the application in progress, and already create a new BOWP application online if possible).
For webforms: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Drpak

Oct 6, 2017
Thats fab!!! Within 2 months!
Have you made any special requests for expediting the process? Of so, how ?
No, I didn’t made any special request. What I noticed was that the application was assessed the same day it was submitted ( Ircc call centre agent said). I had to two ghost update in the first two weeks of submission. The call centre agent said the officer was waiting for my completeness check on my PR application to approved the bowp. My guess was that it was approved when the completeness check was passed.

Akshay4764

Oct 9, 2020
I applied for BOWP on June 18 and i just got to know that it got approved today .So basically ,it took 4 months and 4 days to process the application.Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your work permit in mail?When can I expect that document in my hand ?

Reactions: danlb34 and Kitae

Kitae

Dec 12, 2019
I applied for BOWP on June 18 and i just got to know that it got approved today .So basically ,it took 4 months and 4 days to process the application.Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get your work permit in mail?When can I expect that document in my hand ?
Congrats !! I applied Aug. 5th still waiting
I heard that you can get a week or 2weeks after approved.
Good luck for you

Reactions: Akshay4764

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Congrats !! I applied Aug. 5th still waiting
I heard that you can get a week or 2weeks after approved.
Good luck for you
Got approved on oct 14th and recieved the mail on oct 22nd i live in scarborough also depends on location.

Reactions: Akshay4764

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
How long is it taking for r10 to get complete?
Depends on the officer who picks and the documents if they are as per requirements like some ppm forget to upload PCC or WES ECA(if you have education from other countries)....yada yada yada...

But if everything is straight forward no issues then may be 2 weeks or so but now due to limited staff taking longer mine took almost a month i guess..easiest way to recognize it if you get med passed that means u already passed R10 completeness check

BritPRgirl1

Sep 11, 2020
BOWP was approved yesterday evening (Oct 22)

Applied: May 28, 2020
CEC inland
Biometrics was exempt - gave biometrics for PR on Oct 13, 2020
BOWP approved; Oct 22, 2020

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hey Experts,I am intra company transferee with closed work permit. I wish apply for bowp based on my pr aor. Just spoke to a lawyer and she told me that ICT work permit Cant bridge. I didn't know about it. Is it true @legalfalcon

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hey Experts,I am intra company transferee with closed work permit. I wish apply for bowp based on my pr aor. Just spoke to a lawyer and she told me that ICT work permit Cant bridge. I didn't know about it. Is it true @legalfalcon
Not that I'm an expert on this, but I thought all temporary work permits can bridge it's just that you have to abide by the terms on your initial work permit (ie if it's closed and you can only work for your employer on your permit, the same conditions apply).

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Got any update before approval??
No none just got a correspondence letter today about my biometrics validity (provided on October14th for my Permanent residence application and that they are valid until October 14th, 2030). After two hours of that I got an email saying there is a message in your account. When I logged in it my application was changed to approved.