+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hi all! I don't know if you guys are up for it, but I have trouble keeping track of the trend of the processing time this year due to Covid. So I figured we update each other our status our BOWP applications!

Please follow this format

AOR MMDDYY
APPLIED BOWP MMDDYY
BIOMETRICS MMDDYY
FINAL DECISION MMDDYY

Thanks and good luck!

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hi all! I don't know if you guys are up for it, but I have trouble keeping track of the trend of the processing time this year due to Covid. So I figured we update each other our status our BOWP applications!

Please follow this format

AOR MMDDYY
APPLIED BOWP MMDDYY
BIOMETRICS MMDDYY
FINAL DECISION MMDDYY

Thanks and good luck!
AOR- 05/14/20
BOWP-05/22/20
BIOMETRICS REQUEST - 05/23/20(BOWP)07/06/20(PR)

NO FURTHER UPDATES YET
Current PGWP expires this month end..

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
hi

Applied second bridgework permit
On may1st2020
No update yet
Thanks
Hi! What do you mean by applied second bowp? Can we apply again if it is expiring and we don't have a answer for PR yet?
I'll tell you my situation: I had a bowp approved in December 2019, my pr is expected for January 2021. But my bowp expires in December 2020 and I don't know if covid will delay the pr process (very possible). So I was trying to get information on applyinf for another bowp. I can't get a hold of cic over the phone...

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi! What do you mean by applied second bowp? Can we apply again if it is expiring and we don't have a answer for PR yet?
I'll tell you my situation: I had a bowp approved in December 2019, my pr is expected for January 2021. But my bowp expires in December 2020 and I don't know if covid will delay the pr process (very possible). So I was trying to get information on applyinf for another bowp. I can't get a hold of cic over the phone...
Yes, you can apply again for the Bowp.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
I have received 2nd bridge open work permit on 8 August 2020
Hi buddy did you see any updates on the profile before recieving the BOWP? As i said my BOWP is may 22nd and its my first no BIL given so far but as they exempted so hoping they may process further but when called IRCC they see that the application is in process and no detail of which stage it is...

silentsunami

Aug 8, 2020
Hi Guys, quick question
Currently I'm having a closed WP and it's expiring next month. Does applying for BOWP allow us to work for different employer?
Thanks

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi Guys, quick question
Currently I'm having a closed WP and it's expiring next month. Does applying for BOWP allow us to work for different employer?
Thanks
To my knowledge, once you obtain the Bowp you would be able to change employer. While you're on "implied status", you would need to keep the conditions of the old permit (closed work permit with a specific employer) and that wouldn't allow you to work with a new employer.

Hbhandohal20

Jan 21, 2020
1.Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
2.Do you have a written job offer?
Please advise me on these questions.
I had applied my PR in may got my AOR.
Also, if anyone applied for spouse bridge wp. Please help

Frustrated123

Aug 15, 2020
AOR 02/08/20
APPLIED BOWP 05/22/20
Just checked processing times for work permit extensions on the immigration website and it is at 188 days. Ridiculous!

Reactions: gentjack