+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Manav1983in

May 26, 2021
Hi, I applied for my BOWP on Oct 29th, 2021. Today I received an email saying my work permit application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing. Does anyone know what this means? Is this a bad sign?
Thanks.
definitely its a bad sign .it goes for inquiry .now it takes too long .you have to wait now for a long time period .they red flag your file and it comes under inquiry. sorry

tedlll

Mar 11, 2022
definitely its a bad sign .it goes for inquiry .now it takes too long .you have to wait now for a long time period .they red flag your file and it comes under inquiry. sorry
Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for BOWP to join a new company, it's already too long for me to wait. I am thinking if I can ask the company to apply a closed work permit for me instead.

Manav1983in

May 26, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for BOWP to join a new company, it's already too long for me to wait. I am thinking if I can ask the company to apply a closed work permit for me instead.
but i will suggest if you dont have any problem to go on border then go and take it there .as per my knowledge if you go for closed work permit may be they put on hold that as well .because one of my freind had same issue and he will not get the permit from edmonton even after 18 months .i dont want to depress you if you think there is not a big issue in your immigration status then go to border for closed work permit .

tedlll

Mar 11, 2022
but i will suggest if you dont have any problem to go on border then go and take it there .as per my knowledge if you go for closed work permit may be they put on hold that as well .because one of my freind had same issue and he will not get the permit from edmonton even after 18 months .i dont want to depress you if you think there is not a big issue in your immigration status then go to border for closed work permit .
Thanks for the advice. Do you mean I can go to the border for solving my BOWP issue? Is there any information showing how to do that? I heard this from my friend before, but don't know how to do it.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
My timelines FYI:

Applied BOWP 10/13/2021.
BOWP approved 02/27/2022.
Applied TRV 03/02/2022.
Passport request 03/16/2022.
Mailed passport to Ottawa 03/19/2022.
Arrived at Ottawa office 03/22/2022
Passport stamped and mailed back 03/26/2022.
Passport ETA 03/29/2022.

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I have applied my BOWP in august 2021 and i have not received any e mail like you as said the case is in Edmonton and day before yesterday i called to ircc they said they are processing my case in Edmonton. your pnp nomination is expired thats why it takes time . when i talked to my consultant he said it expiry is with in six month and we have to apply for pr in that time which i did two years before. Even though he upload my PNP with PR application file number yesterday . My consultant told me the person who received the call dont know anything.MY PR application is near completion and when the check the status of my pr file it shows they are working on eligibility check and security check .
According to you why they are taking too long its already seven month have passed .Please advice..

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
I have applied my BOWP in august 2021 and i have not received any e mail like you as said the case is in Edmonton and day before yesterday i called to ircc they said they are processing my case in Edmonton. your pnp nomination is expired thats why it takes time . when i talked to my consultant he said it expiry is with in six month and we have to apply for pr in that time which i did two years before. Even though he upload my PNP with PR application file number yesterday . My consultant told me the person who received the call dont know anything.MY PR application is near completion and when the check the status of my pr file it shows they are working on eligibility check and security check .
According to you why they are taking too long its already seven month have passed .Please advice..
For My PR application they have the start reviewing my eligibility check > May be this is one of the reason ?

tedlll

Mar 11, 2022
I applied CEC, so I don't have the PNP nomination issue. I don't understand why they transferred my bowp application to Edmonton. My lawyer just told me to keep waiting. My current bowp status shows they are reviewing my eligibility. Don't know how long it will take.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
I applied CEC, so I don't have the PNP nomination issue. I don't understand why they transferred my bowp application to Edmonton. My lawyer just told me to keep waiting. My current bowp status shows they are reviewing my eligibility. Don't know how long it will take.
Not sure if we have similar case.
My BOWP was submitted on Sept 10, 2021 and has yet to move. I guess because my R10 completeness check for my PR submitted on May 2020 is not yet done as per GCMS notes, that's why they can't work my BOWP yet.

I'm hoping they saw I have a pending PR app and chose to work on that instead of wasting their time on BOWP.
However, my CEC application is not moving too. All they say is that it is in progress and no action required from my end.

ttejinder

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
My BOWP was submitted on Sept 10, 2021 and has yet to move. I guess because my R10 completeness check for my PR submitted on May 2020 is not yet done as per GCMS notes, that's why they can't work my BOWP yet.

I'm hoping they saw I have a pending PR app and chose to work on that instead of wasting their time on BOWP.
However, my CEC application is not moving too. All they say is that it is in progress and no action required from my end.
i think we are on the same boat . i am also waiting for the decision for my pr application . its almost 98 percent done as per the graph. they are working on my eligibility check . and for the pr application they have not started the eligibility check. how much time it will take to get the GCMS notes ? are they in detail?

tedlll

Mar 11, 2022

Good luck to all of us.

samahuj1994

Apr 27, 2020
Applied for my BOWP on Nov 8 2021. My current work permit expires on March 28 2021. Is there anyone on the same boat. My PR FSW AoR is Oct 13 2020 and is at the RPRF stage. Is anyone in the same boat ?