Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
My BOWP timeline:

Applied: Jan 10, 2021
BOWP AOR: January 18, 2021
Ghost Update: February 08,2021
BOWP Approved on gckey: February 10,,2021

Good luck to all ! Hope physical copy comes within 10-15 days
Hi - what would be the next steps once you get the hard copy? Do you need to update SIN etc?

Sameer.Raje

Jun 19, 2020
yep will update SIN number when i get the Hard copy. No clue if Service Canada is still operational in my city due to severe lockdown measures

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Just received my BOWP on mail today - Feb 10 2020 after it was approved on Jan 29 2020.

How can I renew my SIN? Can I do it online or should I go to Service Ontario?

Reactions: shredder

saurabh2996

Jun 18, 2019
I am applying for BOWP and one of the initial question is "Do you have a written job offer?". I am on a closed work permit and have my old job offer letter. Do I say "Yes" or "No" here? I do not have any new job offer yet. TIA

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
My BOWP was just approved! I only submitted the application a few weeks ago so it was so much faster than I expected.
Hey, I have a question...I applied and today I received my letter confirmation AOR BOWP expired date until June 2021. But my WP expired in May 2021. Do you remember how about your application?

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Hey, I have a question...I applied and today I received my letter confirmation AOR BOWP expired date until June 2021. But my WP expired in May 2021. Do you remember how about your application?
Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if I received the letter extending my current IEC permit while my BOWP was processing? If so, yes - I got one of those but it only extended my permit by a week because I applied for my BOWP early (my current permit expires in May 2021) to avoid implied status.

My BOWP is for a full 12 months and expires February 2022.

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking if I received the letter extending my current IEC permit while my BOWP was processing? If so, yes - I got one of those but it only extended my permit by a week because I applied for my BOWP early (my current permit expires in May 2021) to avoid implied status.

My BOWP is for a full 12 months and expires February 2022.
Sorry, I'm CEC applicant and my WP expired in May 2021. I'm eligible to BOWP. I applied 3 days ago and now I received a letter of confirmation
"This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship" Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until June 2021.
This letter says they extend just 1 month. I am trying to understand this process.

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Sorry, I'm CEC applicant and my WP expired in May 2021. I'm eligible to BOWP. I applied 3 days ago and now I received a letter of confirmation
"This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship" Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until June 2021.
This letter says they extend just 1 month. I am trying to understand this process.
I think that's a new initiative to account for the extended BOWP processing times due to COVID, the extension date is usually 4 months-ish from date of BOWP application. I'm CEC inland too, I applied 4 months out from my IEC expiry date which is why I only received a week on that letter.

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I think that's a new initiative to account for the extended BOWP processing times due to COVID, the extension date is usually 4 months-ish from date of BOWP application. I'm CEC inland too, I applied 4 months out from my IEC expiry date which is why I only received a week on that letter.
Hmmm...maybe...or because I applied later. Thanks for the replay...good luck for us

Cloy812

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
I applied on Jan 8 and approved today.
I'm with closed work permit so can I change my job as of today? or should I wait until I receive bowp by mail?