+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Jan 23, 2021
yes! i saw your post on that and it gave me hope ;)

my only remaining concern on BOWP is a slight irrational panic that it'll be closed and not open. I have a 50pts job offer so for the section that asked if you have a job lined up, I felt it was lowest risk to fill it out, whereas most people can and do leave it blank. I didn't want to get called out for misrepresentation between my applications. So I have nightmares that my bridging visa hard copy will arrive showing closed instead of open ;)

i'm sure I'm worrying about nothing! But I'm still worrying :)
Can you please guide me if I am on closed wp and claiming 50 points in my cec application which is still in progress and apply bowp and resign from my current job after getting bowp.
Does it affect my cec application (as I claimed 50 points of arranged employment)

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Can you please guide me if I am on closed wp and claiming 50 points in my cec application which is still in progress and apply bowp and resign from my current job after getting bowp.
Does it affect my cec application (as I claimed 50 points of arranged employment)
if you change the job you'll have to tell IRCC as the offer is no longer valid and then you lose the 50pts. if that drops your CRS score below the minimum of your invitation round, then I believe it automatically denies your PR. If you're still above the invite round minimum then cool.

if you replace one offer letter with another, i'm not sure what happens other than the obvious risk that the second one doesn't get accepted. I don't know if it reopens your eligibility phase etc.

Lizer

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello everybody,
I applied for BOWP in Jan 29. Received AOR today ( the paper that extend my work authorization for about 4 months). Can I still receive child benefits using this AOR?

satrajit81

Nov 19, 2019
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
06-05-2020
Hi Everyone,
I recently received approval on BOWP application. Can someone help me with the below information -
  1. How much time it takes for the physical copy to arrive at the mailing address post approval on portal?
  2. What are the next steps after receiving the physical copy?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Applied for BOWP : Dec 14
Approved : Feb 2
CEC Inland

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi Everyone,
I recently received approval on BOWP application. Can someone help me with the below information -
  1. How much time it takes for the physical copy to arrive at the mailing address post approval on portal?
  2. What are the next steps after receiving the physical copy?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Applied for BOWP : Dec 14
Approved : Feb 2
CEC Inland
For us, it was 11 days from the moment we got approval to the day our hard copy arrived in the mailbox.