Toronto
My brother's BOWP was approved today, here is the timeline

Submitted: September 11, 2020
Approved: January 29, 2021
Permit Expiring Date: January 28, 2022

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Mine already got approved since first week of January since im Oct 25 bowp applicant.

But for my Aunt, she hasn't received her BOWP approval yet , her BOWP AOR- November 4.
This is her 2nd BOWP, her previous one already got expired last week and her PR application has been running for 18 months now since she's under Caregiver Pilot program.
Bit a little nervous for her since alot of people already got approval for November and hers hasn't come yet.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Finally, BOWP was delivered from Edmonton to Vancouver which took 11 days.

Reactions: Patiently_pr

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Was it delivered by mail? Mine just got approved. Should I expect my BOWP to be delivered by email or thru mail?
Work Permit is always a paper type of document - by mail.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Hi! My BOWP was approved today - Jan 29 2020. I did not receive any pdf doc yet - it just says its approved.
Omg I just got mine too!! Congrats!

I am so relieved, whew. It's nice to have one little win :)

I checked several times today and had nothing then gave up for the week. Thankyou for posting right away! I can enjoy the good news this weekend :)

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Omg I just got mine too!! Congrats!

I am so relieved, whew. It's nice to have one little win :)

I checked several times today and had nothing then gave up for the week. Thankyou for posting right away! I can enjoy the good news this weekend :)
Thank you! Congrats as well! Hows your PR app?

vamish14

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Hi Guys, I need help here.
Applied for BOWP on 26th Jan 2021.
Received a mail WP-EXT only except PGWP and in letter the content is.
1. You are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until 29th May 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
2. You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application.

Questions:
1. If the decision is not been made until 29th May, can I work as an implied status after this date?
2. Do I need to submit the copy of my Passport again to them using Web form as I had already submitted the same at the time of applying for the BOWP?

It will be a great hep If you guys can help me with the answers..

roxaino

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi Guys, I need help here.
Applied for BOWP on 26th Jan 2021.
Received a mail WP-EXT only except PGWP and in letter the content is.
1. You are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until 29th May 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.
2. You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application.

Questions:
1. If the decision is not been made until 29th May, can I work as an implied status after this date?
2. Do I need to submit the copy of my Passport again to them using Web form as I had already submitted the same at the time of applying for the BOWP?

It will be a great hep If you guys can help me with the answers..

Yes you can continue to work even after May 29th as it's already mentioned there " or until a decision is made" as long as you will continue to work with the same condition as per the previous WP.

When it comes to the passport, you dont have to send an electronic copy if you already provided a copy together with the application not unless you have renewed your passport .

Reactions: vamish14

Fuli

Jan 31, 2021
Mine already got approved since first week of January since im Oct 25 bowp applicant.

But for my Aunt, she hasn't received her BOWP approval yet , her BOWP AOR- November 4.
This is her 2nd BOWP, her previous one already got expired last week and her PR application has been running for 18 months now since she's under Caregiver Pilot program.
Bit a little nervous for her since alot of people already got approval for November and hers hasn't come yet.
Pls for how long was e processing time of her first bowp application?