+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP tough situation - looking for a solution

May 19, 2016
I have an express entry profile since Nov 2015 - 441 points (invitations are at about 450 points)
I have 21 months of experience and an engineering undergraduate degree
Its over 90 days for my OINP .. still waiting for acknowledgement
less than 4 months for my Open work permit to expire
Getting tons of job interviews...expecting to work soon... don't know how my new employers would react to the permit

I want to apply for a bridge permit but since the actual immigration process hasn't started and no R 10 checks made the BOWP would most likely get rejected

2 questions
1) Is it a bad idea to just apply for the BOWP right now or as soon as I get a job offer. The processing time for BOWP is going to be slow Im assuming. Any adverse consequences if I get rejected. Can I apply again after rejection.

2) Any other alternative way to get a work permit

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

1/ Yes it is a bad idea. You are essentially wasting your money and the officer's time. There are requirements to do certain things. You can't just go about it and cross your fingers so somehow magically it goes through. This being said there has been cases that were approved for BOWP without all the requirements. But these were very special cases. For instance one person, had for about 2 weeks on his work permit and he was awaiting his AOR in a matter of days. What he did he applied for BOWP regardless and explained the situation, and he got approved. But not because the officer felt sorry, because the officer could see his AOR on CIC system, queued up to get to the applicant. The officer could see this is going through and the applicant has not received it yet. So he could issue the applicant the BOWP without hesitation. Also if you get rejected, you can apply as many times as you want, there is no problem. But every time you get rejected it's a record on your profile. So you might get enquiries from CIC.

2/ LMIA is an alternative, which is very difficult to obtain but possible. Also getting a PNP invitation is another alternative. Once you get approved for PNP you can apply for work permit. Works just fine like LMIA.
I'm not sure if you have time to go through these options as I am not certain on the current timelines.

Stay patient, and positive you're almost there.

Please wait for more senior inputs on your questions.

Best of luck,