+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP, the dependent's application was approved but things are weird.

Hongtato

Jan 20, 2024
Hi.

I'm in really weird situation I think.

I applied for BOWP after I got the AOR, and I applied with my wife as a dependent.

I'm in Canada and she's outside Canada.

As long as I know, the principal applicant's application is supposed to be assessed first.
And if it's approved, dependent's will be assessed according to the result of the first one.

By the way, my wife's work permit was approved days ago but my application is still in progress.
She got her POE letter already.

However, because of her country, she needs TRV but she didn't receive passport request letter yet.

Is it possible to get POE letter before receiving the passport request letter?

And one more thing. In her POE letter, letter of introduction validity is until 2024/05/03.
It's less than a month from now, and the date is my(the principal applicant's) work permit expiration date.

Of course I didn't get my bowp yet and I think that's why the validity is like that.

To sum up, I got 3 problems below.

1. Dependent's application was approved before the principal application. (BOWP)
2. Letter of introduction validity is until less than a month from now.
-> Following from the problem 1, I guess
3. the dependent got her POE letter already but didn't recieve passport request letter. This is her initial work permit approval in her life.
-> This is the most important thing for me. Will they send the letter soon? Is it possible to get POE letter before getting TRV?

If someone has similar experience, please give me some helps. Thank you!