+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Terms and Conditions

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
Hi, I have got BOWP approval recently and waiting for hard copy to come by post. For CRS I claimed points for 'Arranged Employment' from my current employer. I want to know can I change my employer under BOWP but will I lose the points I had secured under 'arranged employment'?

Also if allowed to work with new employer does the company have to get LMIA all over again ( I had an LMIA exempt closed work permit till now)? Can the new employer's 'arranged offer' be added to the system?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have got BOWP approval recently and waiting for hard copy to come by post. For CRS I claimed points for 'Arranged Employment' from my current employer. I want to know can I change my employer under BOWP but will I lose the points I had secured under 'arranged employment'?

Also if allowed to work with new employer does the company have to get LMIA all over again ( I had an LMIA exempt closed work permit till now)? Can the new employer's 'arranged offer' be added to the system?
If you claimed 50 points for having a job offer, then you need to stay with that employer. If you switch employers, you should expect IRCC will tell you that you cannot claim the 50 job offer points.

Your new employer would need to get an approved LMIA before you change jobs.

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
If you claimed 50 points for having a job offer, then you need to stay with that employer. If you switch employers, you should expect IRCC will tell you that you cannot claim the 50 job offer points.

Your new employer would need to get an approved LMIA before you change jobs.
ok. Thank you.