+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP spouse application inquiry

allenwu08023

Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question here regarding BOWP. Hope someone could help me out. Thank you for the help in advance!

I have received ITA and submitted EE application. I am holding a work permit, and my wife currently is under study permit. Both our visa will expire at the end of this December.

I am wondering when I apply for BOWP can I also help my wife apply for a open work permit? or does she can only apply for a study permit extension?

please advise.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
Is your WP based on her study permit?
If she is going to graduate this December she can apply for post graduate work permit.

allenwu08023

Jul 27, 2017
Is your WP based on her study permit?
If she is going to graduate this December she can apply for post graduate work permit.
Hey thanks for your reply.

And yes my work permit is based on my wife’s study permit. But she is not going to graduate before the expire date. She still needs 2more semesters. So I am afraid she can’t get the PGWP.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
So she can extend her study permit. If you are the main applicant and your WP is based on her study permit I don't think you can apply for BOWP. But I'm not an expert on it. Wait for someone more knowledgeable to post.

allenwu08023

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks dude. I appreciate your help. But I think I am qualified for the BOWP. It’s just my wife. She doesn’t want to continue school and if she can apply for the open work permit she would prefer that.