+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - September 2015 Applicants

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

I'm sept 6 BOWP applicant, haven't received BOWP yet. So emailed CIC asking about my application. They replied as below..

The application has been approved and is in queue to be printed.

But when I check my status online still it says Submitted and Open. Can I trust this email or it is just some template email? Also what do they mean when they are saying is in queue to be printed?

BCbarbie

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I was sept 6 BOWP applicant, haven't received BOWP yet. So emailed CIC asking about my application. They replied as below..

But when I check my status online still it says Submitted and Open. Can I trust this email or it is just some template email? Also what do they mean when they are saying is in queue to be printed?
My online BOWP application was received on Sep 1st. I called the call centre twice and both agents I spoke to told me that it has been approved. I haven't received the paper permit yet, and on my representative's online portal it still doesn't show approved. I'm really worried about this.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
BCbarbie said:
My online BOWP application was received on Sep 1st. I called the call centre twice and both agents I spoke to told me that it has been approved. I haven't received the paper permit yet, and on my representative's online portal it still doesn't show approved. I'm really worried about this.
I called the call centre people and they are saying that application is still open and they have sent a message to officer to work on the application. But when I asked them by email they said it has been approved. I got this email yesterday. Even today call centre people said it is still open. One thing I learnt is we can't trust call centre people.

m4me

Aug 12, 2014
AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm sept 6 BOWP applicant, haven't received BOWP yet. So emailed CIC asking about my application. They replied as below..

Hi,

Can you please let me know at what email address did you email them to inquire the status of your application?

Thanks

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

I am Sepetember 29 applicant and in same situation in which you are in.
Agent told me when they print and mail to you than your online status changed to approved.

It takes them upto 2 weeks to print after it gets approved.

Kiranmayi

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
IELTS Request
Send with Application
Med's Done....
15-12-2015 (upfront)
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
16-03-2016
AEE11 said:
Hi Guys,

email works then.. Could you please copy and paste email content that you sent them. thanks!

lucifier

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hi all Senior

I really need your advises.

My husband will apply for BOWP next week. We are CEC Sept 2014 App.
Is there anyway to apply for BOWP for us at the same time online?

I follow this forum for some months. I came across only how to do that on paper based application.
We dont know much about how to apply for BOWP, so online is only options for us.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
m4me said:
Hi,

Can you please let me know at what email address did you email them to inquire the status of your application?

Thanks
I emailed to this Question@cic.gc.ca , I sent 100s of emails to CIC among them I only get replies for some, I guess this is one of them. Also you can expect reply if the application is delayed to current Processing date

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Amit6351 said:
I am Sepetember 29 applicant and in same situation in which you are in.
Agent told me when they print and mail to you than your online status changed to approved.

It takes them upto 2 weeks to print after it gets approved.
Did they atleast say that your application is approved?

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
Kiranmayi said:
email works then.. Could you please copy and paste email content that you sent them. thanks!
I wrote as below and emailed to Question@cic.gc.ca,

I have applied for Bridge Work Permit online on September 6, 2015 and would like to know status of my application. I noticed in Processing times currently CIC is working on Sep 08, 2015 applications. It would be helpful if you could provide me with the update on the application. Please see below information of my application:

Last Name: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Given Names: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

File Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date of Birth: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unique Client Identifier: xxxxxx

Contact Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

AEE11

Jan 26, 2013
I'm just confused because call center people say that its still open, but the email which I got says it has been approved. which one is true?

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
AEE11 said:
Did they atleast say that your application is approved?
Yes, it's been approved last week. I called last weeknon Feb 3, a day after when I receive email stating "your file has been upadated. Please log into your account to see update." When I log into it still shows file status open and there is no update by now.

m4me

Aug 12, 2014
AEE11 said:
I emailed to this Question@cic.gc.ca , I sent 100s of emails to CIC among them I only get replies for some, I guess this is one of them. Also you can expect reply if the application is delayed to current Processing date
Thank you ~