+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Rules Changed !!!!

Letswork14

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Read carefully

I do not understand why you guys have this confusion? BOWP does not apply to me anymore as I am waiting for PR in my home country.
As per clarity & reality, this only applies to BOWP from now onward:

They have clearly mentioned:

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

If somebody gets approval now, then they might have applied before this new rule came in effect, or thats their exceptional good luck otherwise new rule of BOWP is very clear!

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Letswork14 said:
Read carefully

I do not understand why you guys have this confusion? BOWP does not apply to me anymore as I am waiting for PR in my home country.

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015) and an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

If somebody gets approval now, then they might have applied before this new rule came in effect, or thats their exceptional good luck otherwise new rule of BOWP is very clear!
I agree with you, we shall see in April 2016 when results become available for ppl who submitted BOWP after December. I have a feeling they will force ppl go back to home country and wipe out old CEC.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Letswork14 said:
Read carefully

heroforest said:
I agree with you, we shall see in April 2016 when results become available for ppl who submitted BOWP after December. I have a feeling they will force ppl go back to home country and wipe out old CEC.
I agree. The only option I see is to wait until very last to apply for bridge hoping that by the time they pick up our bridge application, our PR eligibility gets reviewed or they make a decision on PR application. This will buy us a couple of months on implied status, but I won't be avle to renew my drivers license and health card.

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
UoW111 said:
I agree. The only option I see is to wait until very last to apply for bridge hoping that by the time they pick up our bridge application, our PR eligibility gets reviewed or they make a decision on PR application. This will buy us a couple of months on implied status, but I won't be avle to renew my drivers license and health card.
doesn't CEC come under FSWC applications class?, it says it should be met for FSWC applications submitted prior to 1 jan 2015, 'met' is application accepted and AOR sent.
For other categories BOWP , the eligibility should be set to passed.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
Letswork14 said:
Read carefully

I did read carefully and I understood it exactly the same way you did.

Luckily for the CEC applicants approved BOWPs keep coming. Granted, those are still for people who applied before December 2nd, but CIC has enforced changed rules for applications already in progress before (I can't remember the exact case, but someone provided more than one example) so odds are this policy change will not apply.

Even assuming worse case scenario (validity: passed required) I would still apply for BOWP, just do it as late as possible, because:
- your PR application might be finished by the time they get to your BOWP (3 months+)
- your PR eligibility might change to passed by that time

Alxsr

Jun 14, 2015
Regarding BOWP:
"Foreign nationals in Canada who have received a positive determination of eligibility for processing decision under the CEC, and whose current temporary resident work permit is due to expire, may require facilitation that enables them to maintain their status and continue working in Canada while they await a final decision on their application for permanent residence."

Eligibility for processing != Eligibility for PR.

This is fragment from Instruction for processing CEC applications submitted prior to Express Entry. Keep your thoughts positive :D

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Alxsr said:
Regarding BOWP:
"Foreign nationals in Canada who have received a positive determination of eligibility for processing decision under the CEC, and whose current temporary resident work permit is due to expire, may require facilitation that enables them to maintain their status and continue working in Canada while they await a final decision on their application for permanent residence."

Eligibility for processing != Eligibility for PR.

This is fragment from Instruction for processing CEC applications submitted prior to Express Entry. Keep your thoughts positive :D
It states very very very clear that the eligibility need to be set to passed before they can issue BOWP, this new rule applies to all BOWP applicants submitted after Decembet 2015. So we shall see the impact around April 2016.

Would suggest everyone apply BOWP as late as possible, just to buy some more time under implied status.

Alxsr

Jun 14, 2015
heroforest said:
It states very very very clear that the eligibility need to be set to passed before they can issue BOWP, this new rule applies to all BOWP applicants submitted after Decembet 2015. So we shall see the impact around April 2016.

Would suggest everyone apply BOWP as late as possible, just to buy some more time under implied status.
I disagree.
Can you prove that new rule talks about 'eligibility for PR' and not about 'eligibility for processing'? These two are different terms.
And after reading instruction for processing old CEC applications I tend to believe that BOWP rule talks about eligibility for processing. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to mention AOR in the rules, because assessment of eligibility for PR can never occur before AOR (and eligibility for processing CAN occur before AOR).
I am in the same boat, and just trying to think positively. There must be logic in all these rules if we read them very carefully.

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
Alxsr said:
I disagree.
Can you prove that new rule talks about 'eligibility for PR' and not about 'eligibility for processing'? These two are different terms.
And after reading instruction for processing old CEC applications I tend to believe that BOWP rule talks about eligibility for processing. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense to mention AOR in the rules, because assessment of eligibility for PR can never occur before AOR (and eligibility for processing CAN occur before AOR).
I am in the same boat, and just trying to think positively. There must be logic in all these rules if we read them very carefully.
Believe whatever you want to believe and apply BOWP as soon as possible, thanks. Good Luck

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
heroforest said:

The second statement is incorrect. They applied the new rule with immediate effect. I applied in Aug 2015 and they made a negative decision on my file on Nov 23, 2015 (Prior to the new rule's update on their website) stating the new rule.

nuke noodles

Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CEC filed 09-22-2014
Nomination.....
PNP filed 01-2014, nominated 06-2015. EE-ITA 01-2016
AOR Received.
CEC-AOR 02-04-2015, EE-AOR 02-2016
Med's Done....
EE Medical Passed 02-2016. ECAS MER 03-14-2016.
Passport Req..
PPR 2016-04-06, DM 2016-04-08
VISA ISSUED...
2016-04-12
LANDED..........
2016-05-22
My BOWP is approved today. Application filed on Sept 9, 2015. I am Sept 2014 CEC applicant. GCMS notes has Eligibility empty.
Remarks on BOWP are: Temporary resident status maintained as per R183(6).

Good luck to those who are waiting BOWP.

- nn

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
nuke noodles said:
My BOWP is approved today. Application filed on Sept 9, 2015. I am Sept 2014 CEC applicant. GCMS notes has Eligibility empty.

- nn

Thanks for sharing, it's a relief...

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
heroforest said:

I am talking about PNP only.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
nuke noodles said:

- nn
did u apply by online or paper? also when was the last time u got ur gcms notes? im also sept cec applicant n applied for my 2nd bowp by paper on nov 6 2015.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
nuke noodles said:

- nn
Congrats!