+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP refusal... desperate

Joan719

Mar 19, 2019
Hi All,

I received the refusal letter of BOWP. The reason stated is "You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an AINP Pre-Nomination Initiative Work Permit because you did not provide the 100$ Open Work Permit Fee requested of you on March 08, 2019." (I don't even know what is AINP Pre-Nomination Initiative Work Permit, since I am applying Bridge Open Work Permit and OINP).

On March 08, I received a request letter indicating I need to pay $100 for open work permit and upload payment receipt. I did pay and upload on the same day as I received the request. Right now they say they did not receive it. So I called in to figure out what's going on. The representative says she actually can see my payment receipt from her end, and sent a reconsideration request for me. Myself sent a reconsideration request on Web Form too.

My work permit expired on Mar 09, and I have no status now even though I did not do anything wrong. I feel so desperate. Who can tell me what else should I do at this moment? I am currently working as a full-time foreign worker. Thanks a lot in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,

I received the refusal letter of BOWP. The reason stated is "You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an AINP Pre-Nomination Initiative Work Permit because you did not provide the 100$ Open Work Permit Fee requested of you on March 08, 2019." (I don't even know what is AINP Pre-Nomination Initiative Work Permit, since I am applying Bridge Open Work Permit and OINP).

On March 08, I received a request letter indicating I need to pay $100 for open work permit and upload payment receipt. I did pay and upload on the same day as I received the request. Right now they say they did not receive it. So I called in to figure out what's going on. The representative says she actually can see my payment receipt from her end, and sent a reconsideration request for me. Myself sent a reconsideration request on Web Form too.

My work permit expired on Mar 09, and I have no status now even though I did not do anything wrong. I feel so desperate. Who can tell me what else should I do at this moment? I am currently working as a full-time foreign worker. Thanks a lot in advance.
You are, probably through no fault of your's, in an awkward situation. In theory, as your application has been refused, you should stop working. "Implied status" terminated with the refusal.

Joan719

Mar 19, 2019
You are, probably through no fault of your's, in an awkward situation. In theory, as your application has been refused, you should stop working. "Implied status" terminated with the refusal.
Hi Zardoz, thanks for you replying. So do you suggest me stop working and wait for the reconsideration? Do you think lawyer or agent need to be involved?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Zardoz, thanks for you replying. So do you suggest me stop working and wait for the reconsideration? Do you think lawyer or agent need to be involved?
You must stop working. You have no choice. Any work done after receiving the refusal will be illegal.