+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP questions! Urgent please help!

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
Dear Gurus,

If you have successfully obtained the BOWP, please kindly guide me through the following questions:

1) Application: The first question on the first page, should I select "same employer" or "extend my visa" or BOTH??

2) Passport: Do I need to upload the back page which shows the signiture besides the photo page on my passport? Any stamps page required?

3) Job offer: Is a job offer required in this case? Would a job confirmation do?

Thank you greatly!
Amy ;)

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lamamyan said:
Dear Gurus,

If you have successfully obtained the BOWP, please kindly guide me through the following questions:

1) Application: The first question on the first page, should I select "same employer" or "extend my visa" or BOTH??

2) Passport: Do I need to upload the back page which shows the signiture besides the photo page on my passport? Any stamps page required?

3) Job offer: Is a job offer required in this case? Would a job confirmation do?

Thank you greatly!
Amy ;)
[/eitger

1) extend your stay
2) not required
3) not required for BOWP but can't hurt either

Make sure you attach your AOR and put BOWP in comments

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
1)How did you get the photo done? Can I just go to london drugs and ask for digital version of the photo? Or it's better quality if I upload it?

2)We need to provide digital signitures on the form, how does it work?

Thanks!
Amy

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lamamyan said:
How did you get the photo done? Can I just go to london drugs and ask for digital version of the photo? Or it's better quality if I upload it?

Thanks!
Amy
You can ask for a digital version or scan a photo using a scanner. I took the photo myself, at home in front of
a white wall, that's another option.
Probably the cheapest and easiest.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
lamamyan said:
1)How did you get the photo done? Can I just go to london drugs and ask for digital version of the photo? Or it's better quality if I upload it?

2)We need to provide digital signitures on the form, how does it work?

Thanks!
Amy
Digital signature - you just sign your name in a box at the end: by typing your name

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
I encountered another uncertinty, when I was about to upload a copy of my passport photo page, the requirement says

Upload Passport or travel document

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or identity document.

If using your passport, include a copy of

-the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
-any pages with stamps, visas or markings

Is this a new requirement? Have did you guys deal with that?

Many thanks,
Amy

lamamyan

Oct 22, 2013
Oh mine... another 8 pages need to add on top of my passport page, I am afraid the pdf file will be very large at the end.

octprwaiting

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam_toby said:
No, scan ALL pages that have stamps or visa stapled to it, ALL - not only the one with the Canadian visa. :mad:
Toby: Are you sure we need to scan all pages or its a safe way.

I have not attached my other country visa copy in my application, is that a matter of concern ?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
octprwaiting said:
Toby: Are you sure we need to scan all pages or its a safe way.

I have not attached my other country visa copy in my application, is that a matter of concern ?
The helpfile online for the BOWP application states the following:

Passport or travel document

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or identity document.

If using your passport, include a copy of
  • the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings
Your identity document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your identity document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable.
So if you ask me, it clearly says that you're supposed to submit a scan including every page with stamps, visas or markings.

Simple as that...