+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Question URGENT

mexicancroww

Oct 18, 2019
Hello everyone, ive applied for PR through EE on May 2019. I already got my BOWP since late August (valid until April 2020) and ive been continuing working on my job as i am a supervisor there. During my implied status i kept working as i had a valid job offer from the company.

Now, there has been a sudden death in my family and I want to go back to my home country (MEXICO) for just three days to attend the funeral. My question is, if i leave the country while still waiting for my PR but with a valid BOWP can i get refused entry when i come back to Canada? Talked with an immigration advisor and he told me there is a "high chance" of me getting denied entry when i land in Canada again.

thank you

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
Why would an immigration advisor even say that? You are absolutely allowed to leave and come back to the country as.long as you have valid status and a visa.

You do have a valid visa right?

mexicancroww

Oct 18, 2019
Why would an immigration advisor even say that? You are absolutely allowed to leave and come back to the country as.long as you have valid status and a visa.

My country is exempt of visa currently (Mexico) so I only need an ETA supposedly. My BOWP is valid until April 2020 and my passport too, I have an old visitor visa as Mexico used to need it until three (?) years ago that is valid until 2021.

Last edited:

mexicancroww

Oct 18, 2019

He said there’s a high chance I can encounter an immigration officer when I land that can refuse my entry because “I decided to leave Canada when CIC are almost done with my PR application and it’s risky to leave with just BWOP and would ask me to wait for the PR decision outside of Canada” He knows Mexico is exempt of visa currently

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
He said there’s a high chance I can encounter an immigration officer when I land that can refuse my entry because “I decided to leave Canada when CIC are almost done with my PR application and it’s risky to leave with just BWOP and would ask me to wait for the PR decision outside of Canada”
Pardon my language but that is total BS

mexicancroww

Oct 18, 2019
Pardon my language but that is total BS
That’s a huge relief tbh, I was surprised when he said that because I went to him before when I received my BWOP and he told me it should be fine to travel if I needed to (as I have been thinking of spending holidays back home)

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
I came back when I had 1 month of visa left. They cannot stop you as long as you have a valid visa.

Reactions: Adanac11

hgunawa

Jan 8, 2017
He said there’s a high chance I can encounter an immigration officer when I land that can refuse my entry because “I decided to leave Canada when CIC are almost done with my PR application and it’s risky to leave with just BWOP and would ask me to wait for the PR decision outside of Canada” He knows Mexico is exempt of visa currently
My advice is to not take any more advice from this person.
He seems to be extremely misinformed.

cYou can certainly come back to Canada as long as you have valid status as a worker.

Mxn

Mar 13, 2020
My country is exempt of visa currently (Mexico) so I only need an ETA supposedly. My BOWP is valid until April 2020 and my passport too, I have an old visitor visa as Mexico used to need it until three (?) years ago that is valid until 2021.
Hello! At the end what happened? Could u travel and enter to Canada with no issues?