+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Processing while PR Application Rejected

Discussion in 'Canadian Experience Class' started by Carlosincanada1, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hi all, Somebody in the same situation?
    -PR submitted April 17, 2019
    -BOWP submitted April 19, 2019 (Processing time said takes 91 days from here)
    -PGWP expired April 25, 2019
    -PR cancelled Incomplete on May 25, 2019.

I am on implied status until a decision on BOWP, I’m expecting an ITA next draw June 12, 2019 (CRS 500). Could I upload the second AOR to my BOWP which is still processing and get approved even with the rejection on my first application? Thank you so much in advance!

2. #3 jes_ON, Jul 11, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Tough situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

"If the e-APR is incomplete, the application for a BOWP must be refused. The open work permit holder fee can be refunded, but the processing fees cannot."

Nothing to stop you from trying.... this sometimes works; it should not, but sometimes strange things happen in favor of the applicant. But you shouldn´t have false hope.

By the rules, if your eAPR is rejected as incomplete, then your BOWP application will be too, and your implied status will have never existed. So you would not be eligible to re-apply for the BOWP (because you no longer have a valid work permit). Very tough situation.

3. you can apply for the restoration of your status as a worker within 90 days of your expiration date on your work permit

4. Hello Carlos did you sort your situation?

I am exactly in the same situation and hesitate to restart a new PR before they give answer on my BOWP .

Thank you

5. Hey carol, I have same situation now....Btw what happen to your BOWP application??

6. Yes, I submitted a webform explaning what happened and showing I have all the corrects documents on my new submission and my bridging was approved.

7. #8 aminilay, Oct 4, 2019 at 1:01 PM
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    Hi thanks For the details.. Can I know when did you get your approval for BOWP (your processing time)?
    Because I am also waiting for my next draw but my BOWP application passed 9 weeks and i am still waiting for an answer..If I get answer of rejection just after next draw, I have to decline the invitation and have to stop working in canada..
    Also did you add ITA (invitation letter) or AOR (Acknowledgment Of Receipt) in your explanation?