+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Processing times

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hello!

Quick question about the BOWP and current processing times. I applied for PR through the CEC - Inland, this is my current status:

AOR - Nov. 4th
Medicals passed - December 1st
Ghost update - December 18

On November 5th I also applied for a bridging open work permit. Processing times for the BOWP were 69 days, and last week I passed that mark, so I sent in a CSE to find out what is going on. 2 days later they increased the processing times to 76 days. So yesterday I get a response from a CIC agent saying:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application for work permit. Since it was received on November 5, 2018, your application is still within the regular processing times."

Seems like a generic response and since they increased the processing times in between, I guess I can not do anything about it. Well today I again passed the normal processing times with 77 days in. Does it make any sense in sending another CSE? The website is still saying they are processing applications received on October 21st, and the site has not been updated in more than 2 weeks. My current work permit expires in 2 days and since I do know that I will be on implied status, I am still concerned what would happen if the BOWP gets rejected. In that case I would be out of status.

Is there anything else I can do at the moment or should I just wait?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Jure

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Mine was approved in about 80 days. I applied on oct 23 and it got approved around 10th January. I was also worried but if you submitted all the relevant documents, you’ll get approved soon

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Yeah I know, I only worry if something was filled out wrong or any small errors I may have made, I will be out of status if it gets rejected. Guess putting another application in just to get more time does not work haha. Thanks for your answer.

Jure

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Yeah I know, I only worry if something was filled out wrong or any small errors I may have made, I will be out of status if it gets rejected. Guess putting another application in just to get more time does not work haha. Thanks for your answer.

Jure
It’ll be fine, don’t worry. Don’t think too much about it. I applied almost two weeks before you and mine just got approved last week. You’ll see the update soon