+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP + Passport Renewal + RPRF PAID

jss117

Star Member
May 14, 2014
This is a pretty messed up situation here.
My application is in process. Current status is I have paid RPRF and waiting for passport request from CIC.
RPRF was paid on June 4.

My work permit is expiring on June 21 which is in 12 days.
My current Indian passport which was going to expire in August is actually already sent for renewal. I hope it comes before JUNE 21 ( day of my work permit expiring) so I can apply BOWP with new passport which will have more valadity.

If new one does not arrive then I will have to apply BOWP with the old passport. ( I have the scanned copies of it.)

My question is if I get passport request from CIC before June 21 (which is my work permit expiry date) do I still have to apply for BOWP?
and i also do not know how long the new passport will take to arrive. They usually say 4-6 weeks and it has been 2 weeks so far.

I need everyones advice on this scenario.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
jss117 said:
My question is if I get passport request from CIC before June 21 (which is my work permit expiry date) do I still have to apply for BOWP?
and i also do not know how long the new passport will take to arrive. They usually say 4-6 weeks and it has been 2 weeks so far.
If you wish to work legally, yes. You are not a Canadian Permanent Resident until you land.

With that being said, if you get your PPR on 15th, you can pretty safely land before 21st with the current turnaround times. But since that is very hard to determine I suggest your apply for extension of work permit once you are that close. You can continue working on implied status then and even if processing is further delayed you would be fine.